Toronto Spadina Subway Extension Emergency Exits | ?m | 1s | TTC | IBI Group

I agree they need at least three or four per station. Other than at Young and Bloor and St. Gorge it's mostly the one in the middle of the platform

First of all, you are confusing WIFI and Cell phone service. Currently ,they only have cell phone service in the tunnels and not Wifi,
Second, you need to complain to the big three they're the ones that don't want to play ball with the TTC or Tconnetc they all said they wanted to do it on their own and have complete access to the tunnels for their own personal.

in that case what is the problem with having them do installation? Why is it such a problem that access cannot be arranged? Its not like theres some highly secretive areas inside the tunnels. If theyre worried about safety im
sure they can make the arrangements. If thats the biggest sticking point that really is no excuse. Its all just pompous BS.

in that case what is the problem with having them do installation? Why is it such a problem that access cannot be arranged? Its not like theres some highly secretive areas inside the tunnels. If theyre worried about safety im
sure they can make the arrangements. If thats the biggest sticking point that really is no excuse. Its all just pompous BS.

I wouldn't trust telecom companies in tunnels. One little mistake and they might end up delaying the entire subway line for an hour. They know nothing about the design of the tunnels and locations of signalling lines. They might accidentally cut a line, shutting down service. I wouldn't risk it.

I wouldn't trust telecom companies in tunnels. One little mistake and they might end up delaying the entire subway line for an hour. They know nothing about the design of the tunnels and locations of signalling lines. They might accidentally cut a line, shutting down service. I wouldn't risk it.
Obviously there would be closures to accommodate the installations required. And should be accompanied by TTC staff.

Seems like a huge inconvenience and waste of money if you ask me, especially if the infrastructure is already there.
They could always employ more ttc personnel there to directly supervise the work. Just because theres sensitive areas doesnt mean they should just give up and pretend nothing can be done. Theres
always a solution; just whether they have the effort to do it.
We are decades behind the rest of the world and to think they just got the APTA award that theyre just boasting on their equipment.

edit: You mentioned the infrastuctures there....why not finish the job then. doing nothing is the biggest waste of money!

They could always employ more ttc personnel there to directly supervise the work. Just because theres sensitive areas doesnt mean they should just give up and pretend nothing can be done.
The big three wanted that they wanted to have access to the tunnels without TTC personnel.

edit: You mentioned the infrastuctures there....why not finish the job then. doing nothing is the biggest waste of money!
All that has to be done is they need to talk with BAI and give up setting up their own networks in the tunnel and it's done. Ther isn't any need to install anything special for either of the companies but they don't want to work with each other or anyone else.

All that has to be done is they need to talk with BAI and give up setting up their own networks in the tunnel and it's done. Ther isn't any need to install anything special for either of the companies but they don't want to work with each other or anyone else.

Or the TTC could have worked with the large telco's in the first place. A joint venture would have worked but the TTC wanted cash.

I thought the terms was that BAI had to negotiate and agree to terms with a % of the telco's by a certain date.

Don't forget about the third rail as well.

Or the TTC could have worked with the large telco's in the first place. A joint venture would have worked but the TTC wanted cash.
They alos wanted the telecom copmies to train them how to service the equipoment becuse they din't want them in the tunnels but they refuesed to do that and said they would rather do it themsleves, the TTc rightfully said no becuseof hgow dangerous the tunnels can be.

They alos wanted the telecom copmies to train them how to service the equipoment becuse they din't want them in the tunnels but they refuesed to do that and said they would rather do it themsleves, the TTc rightfully said no becuseof hgow dangerous the tunnels can be.
Do you ever read these posts back to yourself out loud?

Back