Toronto Spadina Subway Extension Emergency Exits | ?m | 1s | TTC | IBI Group

Downsview Park Station should see an uptick after January 7, 2017.

From link:

Starting on January 7, 2018, adult, senior, youth and student TTC riders will pay a TTC fare of just $1.50 when they use a PRESTO card to transfer to or from GO Transit or the Union Pearson Express.

The Barrie GO line connection at Downsview Park Station should see an increase then. See link.

201712%20ROUTE%2063%2065%2068%2069%20-%20v2%20-%20FINAL%20-%20ENG_350.png

I have watched the same silly discussion here about what a failure UPX is. Another misguided discussion at best. I resolve not to opine on it until the numbers are in.

Not a failure. Just misconceived, and misaligned within what should have been accomplished by the whole GTS project. And "$456M on time on budget" was a lie. All the same, I'm glad Toronto has it, the numbers are in an affordable zone.

But yeah - tomorrow, plus December 30th is a big bit of good news for the city. Now let's see if the next pieces can hit the mark even better.

- Paul

Not a failure. Just misconceived, and misaligned within what should have been accomplished by the whole GTS project. And "$456M on time on budget" was a lie. All the same, I'm glad Toronto has it, the numbers are in an affordable zone.

But yeah - tomorrow, plus December 30th is a big bit of good news for the city. Now let's see if the next pieces can hit the mark even better.

- Paul

December 30th?

December 30th?

From link.

Starting December 30, 2017 we’re introducing all-day GO Train service along the Barrie line, seven days a week, and we’re rolling out more weekend train service. Plus, we’re opening the new Downsview Park GO Station with connections to the new TTC Line 1 Extension. With more train service and a brand new station, there’s more reasons to GO.

- Paul

From my perspective March 31 and December 31 3017 are massive failure dates in the transit achievement calendar.

All aboard TTC's Line 1 Extension

December 15, 2017

This Sun., Dec. 17, Mayor John Tory and TTC Chair Josh Colle will board the first train in revenue service on the Line 1 extension northbound from Sheppard West Station.

Mayor Tory and Chair Colle will travel up to Pioneer Village Station, which straddles the border between Toronto and York Region, where they will meet Minister of Transportation Stephen Del Duca. Minister Del Duca will begin his journey on the first southbound train from Vaughan Metropolitan Centre Station.

Members of the media are welcome to join the ride, and to explore the 8.6 km extension and six new stations throughout the day.

Date: Sun., Dec. 17, 2017, First train northbound
Time: 8 a.m.
Where: Sheppard West Station - Northbound Platform

Photo Op
Time: 8:10 a.m.
Where: Pioneer Village Station
Google Maps says the first train northbound is at 7:43am...I assume this is wrong? Are schedules available anywhere on the TTC website yet?

There is no need for the centre platform. Even if Line 4 is extended west, there is already a side platform which is very wide. The centre platform can't be used without massive renovation of the station as there is no vertical access to it and it would have to be built.

I believe there is a false wall of sorts leading from the Yonge Line to the center platform, at least that's my understanding.

Dan (smallspy) can you confirm that? I believe provision was made for access.

From link. Collector booths at Sheppard West and Wilson Stations will permanently close as of December 17. You will no longer be able to buy tickets or tokens from these stations. You can still use them to pay your fare and PRESTO cards are available for sale.:

New Customer Service Agents at TTC stations
As part of the ongoing modernization and implementation of PRESTO across the system, the TTC is introducing a new Customer Service Agent role. The collector booths you’re familiar with on the TTC today will be closed over the course of the next year.

Starting Sunday, December 17, Customer Service Agents will be in all stations on the Line 1 extension to York Region, and at Sheppard West and Wilson stations. And next year, you’ll start seeing Customer Service Agents at more and more stations throughout the system.

If there is no collector booth, how do I pay my fare?
  • PRESTO: Simply tap your PRESTO card at one of the modern, paddle-style fare gates.
  • Tickets, tokens and Metropasses: You can pay using any of these, but you won’t be able to purchase these fare types at any of the new Line 1 extension stations.
  • Cash: You can pay with cash, but be sure to have exact fare handy.
You will be able to buy and load your PRESTO card at each station.

Who do I speak to if I need help or have a question?
A Customer Service Agent would be pleased to help you answer your question or direct you to where you purchase and pay your fare.

Look for someone in a TTC uniform beside the fare gates and they would be more than happy to assist you.

What if I need help right away or have an emergency?
In an emergency, go to the Passenger Assistance Intercom located beside the fare gates and push the button to speak with someone immediately.

Will it cost me more to ride the subway to the new stations?
No you will not be charged more to ride the subway to and from the new stations.​

Back