Toronto Southcore Financial Centre & Delta Toronto | 159.71m | 45s | GWL | KPMB

southcore is good

kinda feels similar to something like lower manhattan

Given that in built form it isn't/won't be easily differentiated from either Queen's Quay or the Financial District, I don't think it makes sense for it to even have its own name... it's a tiny area, really, centered on Bremner and York. It's just downtown, or the Financial District or "by the ACC" to most people. I don't think it really needs its own informal name. Planners and articles may refer to it as Southcore, but I don't think most people will ever call it that. It's just a small area that blends into numerous existing areas around it... Queen's Quay, Financial District, Entertainment District, Union Station, etc.

Actually don't mind South York UD, but still like Southcore better. Hopefully aA will help beautify the area at least a bit with ICE. While it may not look a whole lot better than NYCC, at least there is a hell of a lot more energy and pedestrian action here than up north even with it only being half way done.

Given that in built form it isn't/won't be easily differentiated from either Queen's Quay or the Financial District, I don't think it makes sense for it to even have its own name... it's a tiny area, really, centered on Bremner and York. It's just downtown, or the Financial District or "by the ACC" to most people. I don't think it really needs its own informal name. Planners and articles may refer to it as Southcore, but I don't think most people will ever call it that. It's just a small area that blends into numerous existing areas around it... Queen's Quay, Financial District, Entertainment District, Union Station, etc.

I still think it needs a name of its own, and Southcore works well. Whoever came up with the name clearly thought it through because despite it being a development name, it has struck a chord and has stuck.

I rather the area's name retain some of it's past. Both "rail" and "yard" are trendy as well.

March 20, 2012

b2.jpg

b.jpg

I don't mind Southcore as a name for this area, it describes the location well and is easier to use as opposed to "the railways lands", Union station area, between the tracks and the lake, etc.

22 March
DSC_0461.jpg

Back