Toronto South Beach Condos + Lofts | ?m | 27s | Amexon | Arsenault

Feb 2. Finally got a chance to have a closer look at the retail frontage for myself. I like some of the details I saw in the first two pics.

8441263731_9c2ccbe61e_b.jpg

8442356876_0761e3d344_b.jpg

8442358056_f3be3cefcf_b.jpg

8442355732_526df9dd86_b.jpg

They need to plant some trees and do some serious landscaping along this street. I hope it's not just a strip of grass along the sidewalk. Some decorative deco planters would be nice, as well as a large restaurant patio. They have the space for lots of big patios.

The "Art Deco" theme has been seriously overstated. Four storefronts does not make an Art Deco haven. It's a nice effort, though.

Quick! Which one of those retail units will house a pizza pizza, dry cleaners, dental office, hasty market, and a salon?

Quick! Which one of those retail units will house a pizza pizza, dry cleaners, dental office, hasty market, and a salon?

None. Amexon will retain the retail units to 'fulfill' their vision of the development.

I know there will be a lounge/bar, a restaurant, a Japanese Izakaya and a gelateria.

The developer will be retaining ownership of the retail units if I recall correctly and will actually be installing interesting retail items such as a gelato place, as well as a coffee place. (Though not a Starbucks)

Last edited:
When I lived in this area several years ago, this stretch was a very pedestrian-unfriendly no man's land. I'm excited to see how the street feels once this retail is in place but I'm skeptical that it'll get many customers outside of people living in these condos. There's no street parking here, and very little pedestrian traffic. Where are the customers going to come from?

Back