Toronto South Beach Condos + Lofts | ?m | 27s | Amexon | Arsenault

maybe you should read this thread before posting?... menkes does not own that piece of land anymore...

A buddy of mine sent me these details - can someone please clarify for me? How can SB be under construction if they have just submitted their application for a building permit and have not received city approval?

Application: New Building

Ward 6: Etobicoke-Lakeshore

Application#: 09 164256 BLD 00 NB

Accepted Date: Aug 31, 2009

Project: Apartment Building New Building

Description: Proposed construction of (1) 27-storey residential condominium building containing 313 units and a (3) storey underground parking structure.

http://app.toronto.ca/ApplicationStatus/details.do?folderRsn=2483078

hole

we were there two weeks ago when they said construction had started and saw the hole - has anything else been done?

Here you go SB owners..photo of your future home.

southbeach.jpg

this is a photo from a generous member of ilofts facebook.This is your future home being dug and blocking the SE view of our wonderful iLofts owners.:D

A buddy of mine sent me these details - can someone please clarify for me? How can SB be under construction if they have just submitted their application for a building permit and have not received city approval?

Application: New Building

Ward 6: Etobicoke-Lakeshore

Application#: 09 164256 BLD 00 NB

Accepted Date: Aug 31, 2009

Project: Apartment Building New Building

Description: Proposed construction of (1) 27-storey residential condominium building containing 313 units and a (3) storey underground parking structure.

http://app.toronto.ca/ApplicationStatus/details.do?folderRsn=2483078

I'm not sure if it's commonplace for a builder to start digging before an application for construction has been approved....however Amexon has been doing this for about 35 years or so which leads me to believe that they know a thing or two about the business....

it is likely that there are related Shoring + Foundation Permits associated with the above Building Permit (09 164256 BLD 00 NB) ... which would allow the excavation to begin

It doesn't look like they have shoring permits.

It's possibly part of the site's remediation. The dug out could of been toxic.

Daily Commercial News

I don't know if South Beach is 27 or 31 storeys anymore :confused:

CONDOMINIUM BUILDINGS, RETAIL
Proj: 9083042-8
Etobicoke, Metro Toronto Reg ON
NEGOTIATED/PLANS COMPLETE
South Beach Condos and Lofts, Park Lawn Rd, Lakeshore Blvd, M8Y
$115,000,000 est

Start: November, 2009

Complete: November, 2011

Note: Working drawings are expected to be complete early Winter, 2009. Sales and marketing are ongoing. Gen Cont expects to issue Sub trade tenders sequentially as needed, beginning mid-October, 2009. Further update at that time.
www.southbeachtoronto.com

Project: concrete foundation, structural steel frame, fuel fired heating system, proposed construction of two condominium towers with a total of 626 condominium units and lofts. The structures will incorporate many unique design elements made famous in the timeless architecture of South Beach. The project will include construction of 16,000 sq ft art deco-inspired retail plaza, with a full service spa, a gourmet restaurant, cafes, boutiques and a gourmet food store. Amenities include The Shore Club which features outdoor and indoor pools; indoor spa, men's and women's change room and steam rooms; Each tower is topped by a glassed-in garden feature; the project is designed to meet environmentally friendly standards.

Scope: 980,000 square feet; 31 storeys; 2 storeys below grade; 2 structures; 626 units

Development: New

Category: Apartment bldgs; Retail, wholesale services; Restaurants; Recreational bldgs

First report Fri May 30, 2008. Last report Mon Jun 22, 2009.
This report Mon Sep 21, 2009.

http://www.dailycommercialnews.com/cgi-bin/top10.pl?rm=show_top10_project&id=a8094f881acb14ae566460758f42bc551fd23a71&projectid=9083042&region=ontario

Thanks for this Solaris...
I bought a unit at SB, and I never saw anything about glassed-in gardens at the top. Has anyone else heard about that?

No, when I bought this feature was never mentioned. I guess this is a new feature that the builder has decided on. Even in the renders there doesn't appear to be any visible glassed in gardens on top of the buildings.

Back