Toronto Social at Church + Dundas | 164.89m | 52s | Pemberton | RAW Design

On the other hand, when a city is truly "finished," that's because it's become a ruin - solely of interest to archeologists and historians.

The crane is fully assembled now:

March 14, 2020

20200314_083244.jpg

20200314_081424.jpg
20200314_083059.jpg

Last edited:
On the other hand, when a city is truly "finished," that's because it's become a ruin - solely of interest to archeologists and historians.

There will always be something to repair, beautify, and/or improve upon. When downtown builds out I suspect (and hope) the attention then turns to the public realm, pedestrianizing, intensive landscaping along every street, etc. As far as we've come we have a long long way to go before Toronto fulfills its potential. Every street needs a re-do. That's tens of thousands of kilometres. Even bits of the relatively new Mink Mile has been torn up (vandalized) by City crews and now needs restoration.

Being closed to finished isn't something we need worry about.

Last edited:
I think Stewart Brand also said this about buildings- the moment a building's 'finished' is when it dies- when it either becomes a static period piece preserved under glass, or a ruin.

Isn't it compulsory to wear protective gear at the construction site? I'm just curious.

Back