News   Jul 09, 2024
 170     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1K     2 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 437     0 

Toronto skyline

I am not in the league of most of you folks but I had the opportunity to grab this one today, from a hard to access point of view, and grabbed it on my phone. Royal Bank and L.

Capture.JPG

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 733
Hi Lemur

I saw the maps. The view is nice but I still somewhat prefer the classic view that includes the Rogers Centre. Maybe I should explore Centre Island more for an unconstructed view?

Thanks again!

Thanks lemur!! I'll check out the invaluable info you've given.

I'll see if I have time to squeeze in another visit to the islands before I leave Toronto. It was pretty rushed that day for me. I guess one needs more than a full day to explore the islands. :)

You guys live in an amazing city. I love the water front area. There are so many beautiful condos there too!

I think the islands can be done in a day, but it takes a while to get around them on foot. If a shot of the Rogers Centre and CN Tower is what you're after, you might try taking the Centre Island ferry and then going to Olympic Island (over the footbridge) or the Island Yacht Club.

I wouldn't have thought our tall condo buildings would be impressive to someone who's used to Singapore!

Haha, Lemur, you do sound familiar with Singapore. :)

Your condos here have better design, I feel. Classy... like hotels! And the location... Oh my... The view up there must be so stunning -- Facing the water front and CN Tower!

I've tried going to the Olympic island. May give it a shot again to see if I can source for a good spot. I wish I had more time in Toronto. People here have been nice so far. :)

Thanks for your advice!

I'm probably too late to suggest something to phototr but I would suggest taking the ferry to Wards Island, not Centre Island. Walk west and cross the bridge onto Algonquin Island. Pass the houses and go to Seneca Ave. There are benches, a very long un-obstructed view of the skyline and few or no other people there to obstruct you or if you want to set up a long exposure shot. The skyline angle looks slightly to the North West so you get a more expansive skyline shot as the towers that are built along the Yonge Street spine are also visible. The Rogers Centre is visible but slightly ubscured from this angle.

Here is what I mean although the shot is from 2011 and someone who knows about photography could do it better justice than my old point and click.

Skyline.jpg

Attachments

• Skyline.jpg
    Skyline.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 437
Hanlan's Point is another location on the Toronto Islands to take great skyline panoramas from. Click on the image to see full resolution picture from yesterday.

I think the islands can be done in a day, but it takes a while to get around them on foot. If a shot of the Rogers Centre and CN Tower is what you're after, you might try taking the Centre Island ferry and then going to Olympic Island (over the footbridge) or the Island Yacht Club.

The Island Yacht Club was my "discovery of the year" on my last visit, May long weekend. What a beautiful spot to have a pint or two.

Density

9129577528_9422c35edd_b.jpg

Quite a collection of landmark highrises standing together. From left to right (and front to back):

• Residences of the World Trade Centre
  • Royal Bank Plaza
  • TD Bank Tower
  • First Canadian Pace
  • One Pinnacle Centre
  • TD Canada Trust Tower
  • One Yonge Street (Toronto Star Building)
  • Commerce Court West
  • Bay Wellington Tower
  • Trump International Hotel and Tower (just the tip)
  • Commerce Court North
  • Scotia Plaza Tower
  • L Tower
  • One King Street West

Last edited:

Back