1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 397     0 

Toronto skyline

Yes, but only from the top 3 or 4 floors;
6275044957_5054516c32_b.jpg

Nice pic! Here's the opposite view;
6292589127_f8dce0a6f7_b.jpg

Incredible! U Condos is going to make a great impact from this vantage point. I can't wait to see how the Western portion of our skyline continues to grow with all the slated projects. Thanks everyone for all your wonderful images. I think I'll call vegeta the skyline ninja and jason skyline ninja jr.

Nice pic! Here's the opposite view;
6292589127_f8dce0a6f7_b.jpg

What a great view ! hmm...I'm wondering if somebody in the future can build a gorgeous piece of high-rise architecture with a grand observation deck on the top (on the spot shown on the map below). This building, if gets built, itself is going to be a great monument at the northern end of Bay street, and will have a perfect view that everybody wanted for so long: A view of the "entire" downtown Toronto! including the Financial District, the Harbourfront area, CN Tower, and finally the Bloor-Yorkville area.

latourto.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, but only from the top 3 or 4 floors;

Agreed. I think that people that bought into the Trump building will be mighty upset with their view. A building that tall, and it's views are obstructed on four sides by buildings of almost equal height or taller!

Agreed. I think that people that bought into the Trump building will be mighty upset with their view. A building that tall, and it's views are obstructed on four sides by buildings of almost equal height or taller!

arguable.. the west view is completely unobstructed... and for the most part, the views are great with the exception of the completely facing north view with KPMG in the way, the curved north facade allows you to get more angles in terms of views, so Bay Adelaide in the way isn't the be all end all of the view...

I'd say about 20% of its west view is obstructed by First Canadian. And unless someone has a unit is in the SE corner, that 20% loss will include the CN Tower.

To have one of the tallest buildings in the city lose most of its sightlines with the CN tower is surprising.

Trump has only one condo per floor with a completely obstructed view (suite 2 in lower condos, which has a north view only).

Lower Condos = Suite 1 (North / West View), Suite 2 (North View), Suite 3 (North & East View), Suite 4 (East & South View), Suite 5 (South & West View), and Suite 6 (West View)

Upper Condos = Suite 1 (north / west), Suite 2 (north / east), suite 3 (east / south), and suite 4 (south / west).

Penthouses = Suite 1 (west / north / east) and suite 2 (west, south, east).

I'm fairly certain that you will be able to see the CN Tower from Suite 5 (Lower Condos) or Suite 4 (Upper Condos) when it is completed (right now the view would be blocked by the hoist tower). You can definitely see it from Suite 4 in the lower condos.

Last edited:
Trump has only one condo per floor with a completely obstructed view (suite 2 in lower condos, which has a north view only).

Lower Condos = Suite 1 (North / West View), Suite 2 (North View), Suite 3 (North & East View), Suite 4 (East & South View), Suite 5 (South & West View), and Suite 6 (West View)

Upper Condos = Suite 1 (north / west), Suite 2 (north / east), suite 3 (east / south), and suite 4 (south / west).

Penthouses = Suite 1 (west / north / east) and suite 2 (west, south, east).

I'm fairly certain that you will be able to see the CN Tower from Suite 5 (Lower Condos) or Suite 4 (Upper Condos) when it is completed (right now the view would be blocked by the hoist tower). You can definitely see it from Suite 4 in the lower condos.

i really don't see the point of Trump tower squeezing itself in that particular tiny corner among quite a few high rises, as if any good building has to be within a certain distance from King/Bay... it is stupid. If you move the building eastwards for 500meters, the view will be so much better. Plus, it is not even an office building, why has to be in the financial district core anyway.

Why is it stupid? Why does it have to be somewhere else? Why can't it be in the CBD? What makes a location down the street more appropriate than a location closer to King & Bay?

You are acting like view is the only and final deciding factor for constructing a tower, which is frankly ridiculous. Whether it is an office building or not is irrelevant. The owners have decided on a business model that suits them. That model includes a location at Bay & Adelaide, not "down the street", as proximity to the CBD will serve the needs of their guests, and likely their residents, as well. Your haranguing about a lack of views is quite silly and shows a complete disconnect with the reality of the project.

Last edited:
i really don't see the point of Trump tower squeezing itself in that particular tiny corner among quite a few high rises, as if any good building has to be within a certain distance from King/Bay... it is stupid. If you move the building eastwards for 500meters, the view will be so much better. Plus, it is not even an office building, why has to be in the financial district core anyway.

I don't think everyone buys a condo for "the views". If you've noticed with many new condos, people are looking into each other's apartments. This is what city living is about - no view is 'safe', unless you have a lot of money and can afford penthouse units.

Many people buy condos because of convenience, pricing and additional factors. In this case, I am sure TRUMP is very convenient for many that work in the downtown core. Not only that, but how much better can it really get? This is the corner of Bay and Adelaide. It's big city living at it's finest. Sure, you can find another location where TRUMP's views may be unobstructed, but those locations will not be as prized as TRUMP's. This is prime real estate.

the trump views are claustrophobic, not necessarily obstructed (except for most of the north view, not all of it)... i'd say the south view is killer, just because you're looking down at Bay/King, and at the rest of the CBD towers.

Back