News   Apr 23, 2024
 63     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 574     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 407     0 

Toronto skyline

BEBF80D4-3FD0-476B-B9D7-CF4FCC351D60.jpeg

Faint on the horizon you can glimpse the Yonge/Eglinton skyline on the left, Bloor-Yorkville right of centre and the financial district + Southcore on the right. Shot from Mount Nemo, about 60km away. It's easy to play "where's waldo?" and find Aura :).

22090907661_5687a454b7_h.jpg

View from Mount Nemo by Alex Meoko, on Flickr

Faint on the horizon you can glimpse the Yonge/Eglinton skyline on the left, Bloor-Yorkville right of centre and the financial district + Southcore on the right. Shot from Mount Nemo, about 60km away. It's easy to play "where's waldo?" and find Aura :).

22090907661_5687a454b7_h.jpg

View from Mount Nemo by Alex Meoko, on Flickr
I would love see the core connected to midtown, it would make one ultimate skyline.

My flight over the city on Saturday

Attachments

• CITY 1.jpg
    CITY 1.jpg
    293.6 KB · Views: 263
  • CITY 2.jpg
    CITY 2.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 280
While I would argue the Downtown Core has become a lot more livable and dense over the past decade, I still much prefer the older view of the skyline, particularly from the waterfront and Polson Pier. Back then all of Toronto's best buildings were still visible and it was a much more unique skyline.

Toronto by russgsxr, on Flickr

IMG_20200923_094124188 (2).jpg

If I could redo the waterfront, I would limit density to only low/mid rise developments mixed with more parkland. I'm all for development and tall buildings but it should have been kept further north of the waterfront IMO.

Before the Daniels reign of terror.
Those atrocities really damaged the skyline along with the coming East Bayfront additions

While I would argue the Downtown Core has become a lot more livable and dense over the past decade, I still much prefer the older view of the skyline, particularly from the waterfront and Polson Pier. Back then all of Toronto's best buildings were still visible and it was a much more unique skyline.

Toronto by russgsxr, on Flickr

View attachment 274450

If I could redo the waterfront, I would limit density to only low/mid rise developments mixed with more parkland. I'm all for development and tall buildings but it should have been kept further north of the waterfront IMO.

Those atrocities really damaged the skyline along with the coming East Bayfront additions
The 2008 look is so unique and sophisticated. You are on point, this is why I'm against development for the sake of development. The skyline should have been planned like it is in London. Sadly it looks like a city from South Korea at this point.

Back