Toronto Sixty Colborne Condos | 82.29m | 25s | Freed | a—A

here's a link to some floorplans, or should this be posted in the R/E individual projects thread?

http://www.sixtycolborne.com/assets/d.php?f=Sixty_Colborne_Broker_Brochure.pdf

VIP pricing is high too ... starting from $650 psf on the lower podium.

they're trying to say it's cheap compared to Trump, Aura, One Bloor, etc.
don't know why the comparisons other than using inflated prices to make it look like a 'value'

Last edited:
Thanks for the link. Here's a rendering we haven't seen before.

6849129110_f03f63e208_o.png

Pretty sure he was referring to its proportions, not its height relative to the bank towers in the distance.

It's good to see aA finally able to go beyond the typical glass box (which is not a stab at the firm, but the developers). It looks like Freed has given them a bit more room for creativity with this project, and it sure looks promising. My only criticism is the upper half of the podium which is only glass (see post #167).

While the frit on the balconies is nice, it is nothing but mere decoration. And we all know how much aA enthusiasts hate decoration. But my real complaint is that it detracts from the gorgeous copper clad podium, and the sharp glass tower. It would look better clad in copper.

The podium looks positively European. You could put up some generic precast or brick between panes of glass at street level and the building would look decent, or go the extra mile and implement a stylish organic motif. The refined grid of copper-coloured frames looks interesting and polished. The tower looks attractive though less distinctive than the podium.

Did anyone else notice the number of studio units? I did a quick count and came up with 87. That's almost 1/3 of the building. Just awful.

I didn't expect all 2 and 3 bedroom units but 1/3 of the building as studio sounds too hotely for my liking. Take a look down the st at the success of the Berczy. Sold out by opening weekend. Most of the units are 2 bedrooms or more.

I think Freed is doing a massive dis-service to this neighbourhood by bringing their hotel / club district style of building here.

I didn't expect all 2 and 3 bedroom units but 1/3 of the building as studio sounds too hotely for my liking. Take a look down the st at the success of the Berczy. Sold out by opening weekend. Most of the units are 2 bedrooms or more.

I think Freed is doing a massive dis-service to this neighbourhood by bringing their hotel / club district style of building here.

Great points except this building is not a hotel or a club district building so I don't think it's fair to classify it as so.

The big difference I see, FREED is targeting investors and relying on them to help sellout this building. CONCERT targeted end-users for Berczy with larger units and will be the more successful build for resale. This building is in high demand and it’s not even at ground level.

But I do agree with you, who wants to live in a building with 87 studio units, most of them which will be turned into rental units? Not me.

I bet FREED is rushing sales to avoid overlapping with 88 Scott, which will be the more successful of the two I think. But who knows.

Back