Toronto Sixty Colborne Condos | 82.29m | 25s | Freed | a—A

I wish they carried the bronze treatment of the podium all the way up the tower. I find it the most interesting part of the design.

Last edited:
I think the essence of aA's tripartite designs is that it's the differentiation between the three elements that creates their dynamic character.

4 Feb 2012 I tried to buy a condo:

125tv.jpg

So is the archway entrance on Church Street? if that's right, what do you suppose fills the empty space to the east of the Tom Jones restaurant?

I do like the bold framing on the podium section... along with the archway. I see it as a modern reply to the existing row of buildings on the south side of Colborne, so in a way contextual. The tower though boxy is different enough to get a pass. Good to see one of the most over priced parking lots in downtown say goodbye.

sixtycolborne_90.jpg
sixtycolborne_87.jpg

sixtycolborne_91.jpg
sixtycolborne_89.jpg

The building will be located on the lot adjacent to Tom Jones, no? If so, I guess the arch would lead to underground parking?

Wait a second...in the top left picture, above, why is there a neighbouring building (behind the condo) that meets the sidewalk at Church St.?

Last edited:
thanks for that. So if the tower is on the south east side of church and colburne, won't this cast a shadow on the church? I forsee a community uprising over this.

Its on the West side of Church, and the North side of Colborne - with the tower part located as far from the church and the park as is possible on the site.

do you have some insider info? I'm not too thrilled with the stackable look of this render. but the archway looks nice.

I think it looks great. It fits in nicely to what is already a cozy neighborhood, but still says something with a bit of height. Podium is beautiful.

St. Patrick's Cathedral in NYC is surrounded by towers, living in the shadows and it hasn't taken away from it's beauty or popularity one iota.

Back