Toronto Sixty Colborne Condos | 82.29m | 25s | Freed | a—A

Anyone who has close proximity to KWT sees that she acts in the interest of business with many of the decisions she makes, in addition to working for the public good. The woman was a real estate agent for God's sake... she's really not the leftist loot-strumming hippie people try to make her out to be. (Not that I have anything against such types... in fact I think we need more of that.) But I respect the balance she has worked to achieve while walking a very difficult line. Let's not forget that protecting the rights of people while tending to the perceived 'needs' of business is very tough to reconcile.

Good post. It's 'lute' btw, but whatever.

I also agree. That said, those who don't are of the ilk who might take Peepers and FutureBuilder seriously and essentially discredit themselves in the process.

Check out the story from the UT News page discussing the design within the context of the heritage architecture in the area.

I very much hope so, this is a great looking project if executed properly ... I really don't understand the complaints ... this is on the west side of Church, it'll serve as a gateway to the core ...

We have a rather cool new rendering focusing on a (probably?) unique design feature (in Toronto) on some corner units in this building…

and you'll find it here, on the front page.

Also curious about how this meets code...

You're dead on. The rendering is fantasy. I can't see OBC or Toronto's building department allowing this for a dwelling without a screen/more protection above the glass. UT should ask that question back to AA.

If you look closely, the corner windows seem to slide back like a restaurant patio. The inner lower windows then become the "balcony". Took me a few seconds to catch it. This would be just like having GIANT sliding windows - don't see a fire code or other challenge. Very nice design.

If you look closely, the corner windows seem to slide back like a restaurant patio. The inner lower windows then become the "balcony". Took me a few seconds to catch it. This would be just like having GIANT sliding windows - don't see a fire code or other challenge. Very nice design.

Balconies in high rise structures don't tend to 'slide' or 'move'.

C'mon! This is pure fantasy a la Bazis' fake pool in the sky.

Back