Toronto Seventy5 Portland | ?m | 11s | Freed | Core Architects

What a sad sight this city is: knocking down old warehouse buildings when just next door are acres of parking and crappy one story buildings:(

Yoo might be okay but was it worth it to knock that building down?

Do you honestly think that when it was built that they thought it would become a heritage building? Just like you and I, it was never meant to last forever.

I'd like to see the Travelodge on King either disappear or be rebuilt so as to integrate with the street.
I'd like to see it restored to its 50s modern glory--then, who cares whether it integrates with the street or not

What a sad sight this city is: knocking down old warehouse buildings when just next door are acres of parking and crappy one story buildings:(

Yoo might be okay but was it worth it to knock that building down?

I live at Portland and Wellington and trust me when i say Freed did NOT knock down any nice/historic or cool buildings to build Yoo at 75 Portland.

^ Well, they certainly DID tear town that old brick warehouse, whether you live close by or not.

familiar with the area and know of a few lots with either parking or crappy one storey buildings (does one instead of three really make a difference?) but not acres. The G&M is one and another is at Portland/Front but the rest on Weliington/King/Front have proposals or are zoned for park space

Fab.

yoo1.jpg

yoo2.jpg

yoo3.jpg

Market will correct before this pretentious box gets built. Freed is a thief. Do your due diligence.

Sadly, I disagree. The market will continue to increase as population increases and available land decreases. Most new condos in downtown sell their units relatively quickly (Freed included).
I was reading that around 100,000 (if my memory serves me correct) new people move to Toronto each year. Where are these new people going to live? Obviously condos. I think the market has a long way to go before it 'corrects' itself.

The population in the city is barely going up and the condo boom can be attributed to low interest rates and the increase in different living patterns (more single people, etc). This is all covered in a thread on the census in the Toronto Issues section (which is where the discussion should take place -sorry).

Market will correct before this pretentious box gets built. Freed is a thief. Do your due diligence.

You've been hoping for the market to corrrect for quite some time. As far as this pretentious box is concerned, it is under construction so it's already passed the market stage. And a thief would flee with deposits in tow (in reality not possible) instead of actually build and register their developments

So how is he a thief, and why have you not brought this to the attention of the police?

Uh, ok......

What exactly is Vultur's problem anyway? Pretty much every (ranting) post Vultur makes seems bent on dissing the condos and anything associated with them.

Way too much hostility in my honest opinion.

Excavation sure did mean completion for a number of other Freed projects. Did Mr. Freed become a "thief" and a "clown" sometime between the sales of, say, 20 Stewart and today?

Back