Toronto Seventy5 Portland | ?m | 11s | Freed | Core Architects

Re: Site

I wonder if it will be like his infamous juicer (featured above)- sort of interesting to look at, but functionally useless?

I love this. The scale seems right for the neighbourhood and it's definately high on design, showing a little more imagination than the typically boxy and minimal tower-with-hat design we're seeing so much of.

The render makes it look like the building meets a street corner at the right side... which should be the south end of the west-facing (Portland) facade.

What gives?

Whose finger is in the rendering?

I can't say whether I like or hate the design, but the rendering gives it a pretty aged look. It almost looks like a Brutalist building (which isn't necessarily a bad thing).

I was expecting something that deviates a little more from the what has being built in the area

as much as I like the modernist designs being built in the area, all of the bare concrete, greyish brick, and greyish glass is rather depressing - as horrible as the slabs all over the city can be , at the very least those built before the mid 70s used a variety of colours and shades

Excellent project - complimentary to its surroundings, clean lines, elegant modernism, perfect massing. It reminds me a little of a smaller version of One City Hall. We definitely have a winner with this project.

I love these initial renderings go-arounds. It's always interesting to see who approves or not.

Hey look it's a game of Tetris. I like it, though I'm a little worried it might look too disorganized once people move in a fill up their balconies with garbage. I wish they had of utilized multicoloured glass though.

I'm a little worried it might look too disorganized once people move in a fill up their balconies with garbage.

Many condos, especially high-end ones like this, have strict rules about what is allowed on balconies - I'm sure it won't look too cluttered once people move in.

Any more draconian than Mies' strict rules about the placement of furniture and flower pots and signage etc. in the TD Centre?...keeping in mind the gradual degradation of those rules, *especially* vis-a-vis said concourse signage...

Well, there has to be some distinction between what is required in the lobby of a corporate office tower in order to maintain a corporate identity, and what homeowners are free to do in order to personalize their individual living spaces, including the balconies of their private residences, surely?

Back