Toronto Scotiabank North Tower at Bay Adelaide Centre | 140.2m | 32s | Brookfield | KPMB

Is there any word on the Bay-Adelaide North Tower? And why is it only going to be 28-32 feet? If it's in the financial district shouldn't the be trying to make the most of that land asset?

32 feet was the original plan from the 1980s. Most of the density was being used for the south tower. Today, it's planned over 500 feet.

From the Star:

"Brookfield hopes to start marketing the third tower, to be called Bay Adelaide North, next year. But that’s only if the east tower, now 60 per cent leased, is at least 80 per cent pre-leased and the commercial market is still strong in the face of the 5.1 million square feet of new office space, much of it in the Southcore district south of Union Station, slated to come on-stream in Toronto by 2017.Brookfield recently won Committee of Adjustment approval for an 825,000-square-foot third office tower, instead of the 450,000-square-foot residential and hotel complex originally planned."

---
| |
| |

Insert grey color class from phase 1 or 2.

Look at the east tower. Then use your hand to cover 12 floors. Like magic the north tower appears! :p

For a long while I had hope that the north tower would differentiate itself from the other 2 towers due to a thinner, rectangular floor plate which earlier renders showed. But after learning that they're going full-on office, and seeing a revised site plan. The third tower looks to be another square *slightly* less square than it's siblings but shorter.

where did you see the site plan?

Haha, sounds like he seen something you sketched back in 2012

decided to make a model of the finished complex to see what it would look like..

1-2.jpg

It's an office tower. Shouldn't take any design too seriously until a tenant is signed and shovels are in the ground. Could end up very different from either BA1 or the revised BA2 should Union Plaza, 160 and, 45 Bay get going.

where did you see the site plan?

Neither 'site plan' should be taken as official, but I believe they are a solid indication of what to expect from the site. A chunkier/less rectangular/larger floor plate realistically makes more sense for an office tower, and the 'updated' site plan reflects it.
Essentially I'm referring to this:

Old:

urbantoronto-7008-23357.jpg

Source: http://urbantoronto.ca/sites/defaul...cles/2013/01/7008/urbantoronto-7008-23357.jpg

Vs.

New:
urbantoronto-2697-35950.gif

Source: http://urbantoronto.ca/sites/default/files/images/projects/2697/urbantoronto-2697-35950.gif

Attachments

• urbantoronto-7008-23357.jpg
    urbantoronto-7008-23357.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 1,457
I'm quite sure they have a plan for a potential north tower, however as we all know, plans are subject to change.

My suspicion that when/if the tower proceeds, there will be major disruption to the food court including closing some of the vendors and potentially even parking lot disruption.

I'm 100% certain that the leases for all of these tenants include the provision for the landlord to boot them out for redevelopment purposes.

I'm quite sure they have a plan for a potential north tower, however as we all know, plans are subject to change.

My suspicion that when/if the tower proceeds, there will be major disruption to the food court including closing some of the vendors and potentially even parking lot disruption.

When BAC East was just getting started, they had to put a support column for the tower pretty much through the middle of the Marché restaurant. It was only closed down for about a week as I recall and then back up and running.

Back