Toronto Ryerson's Mattamy Athletics Centre + Loblaws at the Gardens | ?m | ?s | Ryerson University | Turner Fleischer

I've always loved the canyon on this stretch of Carlton, one of my favourites in the city. The Gardens are going to look great once all's said and done.

Yes. i agree. for me, its because of the way the street curves towards college and how the MET condos line up with it. its really neat. and everything is in sync. even though the MET condos are new additions, they line up perfectly with their surrounding neighbours with setbacks, materials, etc..

I don't think the new Maple Leaf Gardens will change it that much but here's just a photo i took why i like it:

4935931311_742ea3dfdc_z.jpg

Great shot, steveve -- it really shows the harmonious mix of old and new on the street. It also shows just how neat the Police Headquarters is -- I know some may feel it is excessively pomo, but I think it is an extremely interesting and playful building.

nice pics thanks for posting. i dont think mlg will be finnished by march

Last edited by a moderator:
dont kno if this was posted in the past but heres a link to flashpoint which was filmed in mlg was cool to see the gondala and backstage of mlg bfore it was gutted

[video]http://www.megavideo.com/?d=QEBM6O4K[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
dont kno if this was posted in the past but heres a link to flashpoint which was filmed in mlg was cool to see the gondala and backstage of mlg bfore it was gutted http://www.megavideo.com/?d=QEBM6O4K

That's a good link to see that episode, it aired on CTV again about 3 or 4 weeks ago in high def., it looked great.

Perhaps it's a cleaning and repair job, the building isn't painted. This was last done in the early 90's, what a change it made but today the exterior still looks pretty good.

it's a great project!
by the way, was yellow the original color of the maple leaf gardens?

Last edited:
There's a lot of activity happening inside (and outside), I suspect that it's probably a safety issue for them with people wandering in (with no floor) trying to snap photos.

Sept. 29th Update

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

The south and east sides (Carlton & Church Sts.), the east side facing Church and the east and north sides (Church & Wood Sts.), respectively

Back