Toronto Ryerson Student Learning Centre | 50.59m | 8s | Ryerson University | Zeidler

I have no idea what it was going to be marketed as. I figured it was canceled long before a marketing name had been chosen, but it's possible.

January 12th:

9Pw1e.jpg

e4BPt.jpg

I'm glad this one doesn't go far underground because it's one of my most anticipated projects in the city right now. Anyone have any educated guesses about:

1) When this thing will hit ground level?
2) Completion date?

Don't know about either of those, but can anyone explain what's currently happening on the site? A crane is up, yet excavation continues down to multiple levels on the site. I have never seen this before.

I believe the base of this building hasn't been planed for underground garage. I think it will have only two underground level. One for shopping facilities or future connection path to dundas subway and other level may be electromechanical room and toilets facilities.

It's not your average 8-storey building though, is it?

I'm looking forward to the completion of this building. Yonge Street needs all the help it can get and this is an outstanding structure. I have one concern though. Some of the renderings indicate a "dead wall" along the Yonge street sidewalk other renderings indicate a s row of retail shops there. Does anyone know which of the renderings is accurate? I searched this thread but couldn't find the answer. I really hope it's not the "dead wall".

I'm looking forward to the completion of this building. Yonge Street needs all the help it can get and this is an outstanding structure. I have one concern though. Some of the renderings indicate a "dead wall" along the Yonge street sidewalk other renderings indicate a s row of retail shops there. Does anyone know which of the renderings is accurate? I searched this thread but couldn't find the answer. I really hope it's not the "dead wall".

Retail.

This build is one I also am most looking forward too. Its quite sharp and unique, really like the exterior cladding, and will help begin the transformation of this area. Too bad Sam's had to go though. Really liked that store. Also too bad this wasn't the sort of thing we got at Dundas square instead of the big grey thing thats just to the south of this site.

Back