Toronto Ryerson: Jarvis Street Residence | 97.53m | 30s | Ryerson University | IBI Group

today

img_0369-jpg.134770

Starting at $340/week - or about $1400 a month - for a cubbyhole room in a quad of four. Includes internet and cleaning, but you only get a kitchenette in your quad. But $385 a week for a double - or about $1600/month - that could be preferable and comparable to the costs for two people renting a nearby two bedroom unit from a condo landlord at $3000/month.

The amenities look good, at least, and the university partnership should help keep things running well.

Last edited:
Insane - I live in a studio unit in a new (<5 year old) building and I pay less than that. In a few years, I guess students attending school in downtown Toronto won't even be afford to live downtown at all anymore. It's already a huge financial stretch for people, but this indicates to me that soon it will be an impossibility.

Memories of my friend and I attending Laval University 1983-1987, renting a one-bedroom for $315 a month and paying $500/year each in tuition. We had it very easy.

Canadian Universities don’t care too much about Canadians being able to afford living there. They really care about having housing in place for the rich international students that seem to be coming in ever increasingly.

Back