Toronto Roncesvalles Lofts | ?m | 6s | Triumph | David Peterson

some trees were planted.
i wonder if they will be done by this weekend's "final release".

Attachments

• tree.jpg
    tree.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 524
  • tree2.jpg
    tree2.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 517
The images were looking pretty shitty too, but its because theyre taken from the wrong side.

Yes that side of that building looks like a storage locker, but thats becuse all the windows are south facing down roncesvalled towards the lake. Pretty much they figured out that the dundas side is the ugly side, and people only want to look down roncesvalles.

The other side of the building has every single unit facing out in to a little open courtyard and down roncesvalles. They all have balconies and the first floor units are 2 level lofts. Its elevated above the remaining garages/repair shops still in front of it too. So even first floor can see over top of the small buildings.

Im going to check it out this saturday, ill post pics!

Exactly Kelly
The comments are based on the backside of the building facing the alley way where garbage and parked cars will reside. The stores along dundas is due for redevelopment ie the ground level mechanic shops. I can foresee things going up two or three stories. So why would one design an area that would be eventually covered by other buildings.

And for the comment that is looks like a storage area or home depot, well, I know its a new development but they do call this development Roncesvalles "LOFTS" and if I recall hardlofts were conversions of industrial building. Maybe, just maybe the architect honours this concept of an industrial building. The best part of this building is in the inside, where the general public cannot see. From the clever interior courtyard aligning with the backyards of the existing homes which expands the outdoor space visually further. Plus the two water features. The interior suites are unique at least from my experiences with 3 stories units, and the unusually large baclonies/ terraces and rooftop patios.

I would rather live beside a gas station than inhale the diesel fumes from the CP rail lines and a inhale the thousands of exhaust fumes emitting from the gardiner expressway and the sound of a 16 wheeler putting on his/her brakes.

This development isn't perfect by all means, but not worthy of some your last few comments.

I love this development! New street-level glass installed today, will upload/post my photos soon.

The images were looking pretty shitty too, but its because theyre taken from the wrong side.

Yes that side of that building looks like a storage locker, but thats becuse all the windows are south facing down roncesvalled towards the lake. Pretty much they figured out that the dundas side is the ugly side, and people only want to look down roncesvalles.

The other side of the building has every single unit facing out in to a little open courtyard and down roncesvalles. They all have balconies and the first floor units are 2 level lofts. Its elevated above the remaining garages/repair shops still in front of it too. So even first floor can see over top of the small buildings.
Im going to check it out this saturday, ill post pics!

Last edited:
CIMG1718.jpg
CIMG1712.jpg
CIMG1779.jpg

Courtyard, bbq pit and view from the ground floor to the top.

Attachments

• CIMG1718.jpg
    CIMG1718.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 698
  • CIMG1712.jpg
    CIMG1712.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 690
  • CIMG1779.jpg
    CIMG1779.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 676

Back