Toronto River City Condos Phases 1 & 2 | ?m | 16s | Urban Capital | ZAS Architects

Who designs these narrow pools? It's as if they have Slender Man in mind, when they do. How many people can even swim in such a small space? I guess they're used more for just sitting around and looking sexy?

tumblr_mhvmr3YTCr1rb2j5zo1_400.jpg

Attachments

• tumblr_mhvmr3YTCr1rb2j5zo1_400.jpg
    tumblr_mhvmr3YTCr1rb2j5zo1_400.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 1,051
They're lap pools for training our next generation of Olympic swimmers!

But seriously, they're for exercise… floating about, not so much.

Even as lap pools, you could only fit one -- maybe two -- swimmers, comfortably, at a time. Why only build lap pools, though? People also like to have fun in pools and not just swim in linear patterns.

Honestly pools are a large expense for condos, I'd much rather they'd pass on the idea ... many go fairly unused as well.

Honestly pools are a large expense for condos, I'd much rather they'd pass on the idea ... many go fairly unused as well.

Probably because they're barely bigger than hot tubs. One is basically forced into having a pool orgy with strangers, with these dimensions.

The pool concept works well in Pinnacle Centre - four towers of residents to make use of it. It's almost always being used, often with around 4 people+ at a time.

I do think with pools, ideally you should do it right or don't even bother. That pool above looks too small for more than one person to do laps at a time, yet it's not large enough for people to properly splash around and play in. I'd feel uncomfortable doing my laps there because I'd always feel like I'm hogging the entire pool. Looks disappointing; they shouldn't have bothered.

The pool concept works well in Pinnacle Centre - four towers of residents to make use of it. It's almost always being used, often with around 4 people+ at a time.

I do think with pools, ideally you should do it right or don't even bother. That pool above looks too small for more than one person to do laps at a time, yet it's not large enough for people to properly splash around and play in. I'd feel uncomfortable doing my laps there because I'd always feel like I'm hogging the entire pool. Looks disappointing; they shouldn't have bothered.

Not even Bobby Darin could splish splash in that bath tub of a pool.

Pretty sure I saw you taking photos as I was leaving the building!

The cladding installation on the tower seems to have been stalled for quite some time. Anyone know why?

Back