Toronto River City Condos Phases 1 & 2 | ?m | 16s | Urban Capital | ZAS Architects

The triangular space is going to be a public space that leads to the Don River Trail.

Has Phase2 structure already been started? Can someone kindly point it out in one of these pictures?

The triangular space is going to be a public space that leads to the Don River Trail.
They appear to have stopped all work on it for MONTHS now. At one time this delay was because of the work need on the sewer back-flow (below the bridge) but they originally said this work could only be done in the winter and another winter has passed. Another WT project going LONG past its scheduled dates.

Although this is one of my favourite projects in the city, and maybe because of that reason... I'm shocked and disappointed at how long it is taking to get the cladding installed on the tower! Hurry up already!

Zooming in

Picture take by @SkyJacked793 from top of L Tower crane ...

8707851414_6171e51a5a_b.jpg

Wowzers. That looks fantastic. And even though I find RiverCity to be slightly too tall, it looks very fitting for the area. This looks great...and will look even better once the trees get their leaves.

And I've said it before, but from certain angles sections of the Richmond and Adelaide ramps look a bit like an elevated transit line...not unlike sections of London's DLR. Frankly, I could foresee some kind of elevated rail working well for the Port Lands and LDL south of here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find the tan (the pre-cast around the townhomes) a strange match with the black cladding, given that just a regular exposed concrete colour and texture would have done the trick.

But it's looking great. Super excited to see the tower clad.

I was referring to the townhomes in the base of River City, not the TCHC project across the street. Read my post again.

Last edited:
I really like the barn board-formed concrete and I think that would have looked very cool in place of the precast of the towns.

Exactly! S+P does such a good job of concrete, hence my aesthetic gripes with the precast.

saucier-perrotte-interior-stairs.jpg

Perimeter Institute, Waterloo, ON

Teeple designed the more recent addition to the Perimeter Institute. Go look at some pics. of the original Perimeter Institute building by S+P and you will see it has many hallmarks of their work.

As much as I love Teeple, I feel that they really spoiled what S+P created. The aesthetic they created is very different from the original building, and I walked away from a recent tour of the facility very disappointed by the feel of the spaces they created and the aesthetic that replaced some much finer S+P-designed textures and spaces.

Last edited:

Back