Toronto River City Condos Phase 3 | 99.66m | 29s | Urban Capital | Saucier + Perrotte

RC3 from the Don River.

_MG_1237.jpg

A stunning building combining good taste overall, innovative design, and a high-quality selection of materials. River City, a refreshing contrast from the spandrel-laced aesthetic obscenities that have invaded the GTA over the past decade-and-a-half, would not be out of place in Scandinavia.

I'll never forget looking at the early docs before RC1 came on the market. I looked at it and thought "yea right". Price was a little higher than I had liked but the joke was on me. A great project and one that I would consider world class. Hope we see more of this kind of work in the city but not holding my breath. Urban Capital started out OK but have done some good work over the years.

Saturday:

River City by Marcanadian, on Flickr

River City 3 by Marcanadian, on Flickr

Last edited:
View of River City Condos Phase 3 from Corktown Common Park with fall foliage in the foreground on an otherwise gloomy day.

20201021_150411.jpg

View of River City Condos Phase 3 from Corktown Common Park with fall foliage in the foreground on an otherwise gloomy day.

_1120657 (2).jpg

_1120667 (1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
One seeing that would assume poorly that was the combo effect of camera exposure and Shop filters to bring those colours out. But it's not. The yellows are really that strong this year. (Least around my area.) Anymore, they'd start glowing in the dark... 😲

One seeing that would assume poorly that was the combo effect of camera exposure and Shop filters to bring those colours out. But it's not. The yellows are really that strong this year. (Least around my area.) Anymore, they'd start glowing in the dark... 😲
The yellows are so golden this year !

Waterfront Toronto will begin implementing design refinements on Trolley Crescent following public feedback on proposed design solutions in December 2020.

The design interventions, including benches, armour stone, bollards and bike rings, are intended to improve safety and ensure that everyone knows how to use the woonerf properly.

Installation of the new design elements will begin on September 15, 2021 between 7am – 7pm Monday to Friday, with the goal of being complete by the end of October 2021.

Construction pylons will be placed along the southern, eastern, and northern legs of Trolley Crescent, reducing the roadway to one northbound lane.

The installation work will require temporary alternating lane closures and strategic staging of the work on Trolley Crescent, as well as temporary detours related to lane closures on River Street, to ensure minimal disruption of traffic flows.

Access to all buildings and services (i.e. garbage collection, emergency vehicles or any other usual services) will be maintained.

There are no anticipated impacts to pedestrian and cyclist access on Trolley Crescent during this time.

Waterfront Toronto will continue to provide updates as work progresses.

Waterfront Toronto will begin implementing design refinements on Trolley Crescent following public feedback on proposed design solutions in December 2020.

The design interventions, including benches, armour stone, bollards and bike rings, are intended to improve safety and ensure that everyone knows how to use the woonerf properly.

Installation of the new design elements will begin on September 15, 2021 between 7am – 7pm Monday to Friday, with the goal of being complete by the end of October 2021.

Construction pylons will be placed along the southern, eastern, and northern legs of Trolley Crescent, reducing the roadway to one northbound lane.

The installation work will require temporary alternating lane closures and strategic staging of the work on Trolley Crescent, as well as temporary detours related to lane closures on River Street, to ensure minimal disruption of traffic flows.

Access to all buildings and services (i.e. garbage collection, emergency vehicles or any other usual services) will be maintained.

There are no anticipated impacts to pedestrian and cyclist access on Trolley Crescent during this time.

Waterfront Toronto will continue to provide updates as work progresses.
Finally!

Now that Gears has opened, the staff and customers think it's fine to just park on the sidewalk. You'd think a bike shop and its customers would know better.

Back