Toronto Ripley's Aquarium of Canada | 13.11m | 2s | Ripley Entertainment | B+H

The cladding is look terrible so far with the random darker panels and the warehouse-style panels on the side walls. Maybe all the disparate elements will come together and look decent in the end, but what I'm seeing right now would look mediocre even in suburbia, let alone beside an icon of the city and international landmark.

Though I admit it is really superficial and does not greatly affect the operation of the building it does seem that they have taken a VERY long time to finish off the metal cladding

It would be fascinating to see what's going on inside right now. Filling tanks or finishing the tank walk-through, etc. I'm sure what we are seeing on the outside is nothing compared to the finishing going on inside.

wow... I like how they got a bit creative with the roof top. I know it's not finished yet, but that's probably the only thing I like... so far.

This evening:

zEZkIKv.jpg

As always, the CN Tower looks like crap in all the aquarium shots. Gray/brown concrete with miscellaneous patches. Why don't they apply a finish like the Enwave stack on Elm St. Now that's a striking tower. Imagine how the CN Tower would look with a uniform colour surface.

As always, the CN Tower looks like crap in all the aquarium shots. Gray/brown concrete with miscellaneous patches. Why don't they apply a finish like the Enwave stack on Elm St. Now that's a striking tower. Imagine how the CN Tower would look with a uniform colour surface.

For at least $30 per person to go up in that thing, you'd think they'd be able to maintain the exterior properly.

Back