Toronto Ripley's Aquarium of Canada | 13.11m | 2s | Ripley Entertainment | B+H

Was walking past this via the skydome stairs route to John Street. It's really a decent view a couple storeys up, especially now looking toward Southcore. Too bad they can't put a small resto a bar or even cafe patio up there somewhere. It would be a hit and would really enliven the area, which is pretty dead at night.

cnbasem29a.jpg

cnbasem29b.jpg

I must've been standing right next to you today Android! I don't think I'll bother uploading my identical pictures!

Nice splash of colour. I was glad to see the glass was less garish in person.

Loving the new signage. I think I'm one of the few who thinks the red-orange glass looks fantastic. The old (current) entrance is non-descript and boring. The new (under construction) entrance makes a statement: This is how you enter the CN Tower lol :p

April 6th

IMG_2591_zpsbdb6778f.jpg

IMG_2586_zps12191ae3.jpg

IMG_2585_zps6cf1cf25.jpg

IMG_2590_zps7460b0af.jpg

Who's blue?

IMG_2588_zpsfd500eae.jpg

Coming along...

IMG_2584_zps3f5571f4.jpg

Amazing update TOCG! The sign really works to break up the wall of orange, which was otherwise a tad harsh on the eyes.

I just noticed those red light poles. Are they new? I like them, adds a nice bit of colour to the plaza.

Adam Vaughan's office tell me that the City are 'trying hard' to get the jumping salmon fountain working this year. It has not worked for about 18 months - or more - and was apparently leaking into the Rogers Centre or the Convention Centre. It's a great fountain and looked VERY sad last year.

wow..... amazing how we can put a man on the moon back in the 60s but we can't fix a fountain today..... someone needs to call Mike Holmes, he'll get it right the "first time".
it just seems odd how everyone is "trying hard"..... its a fountain, can't they just fix the leak? ....it doesn't appear to be rocket science.... There are pipes and water....find the leak and fix..... seems straight forward to me.

wow..... amazing how we can put a man on the moon back in the 60s but we can't fix a fountain today..... someone needs to call Mike Holmes, he'll get it right the "first time".
it just seems odd how everyone is "trying hard"..... its a fountain, can't they just fix the leak? ....it doesn't appear to be rocket science.... There are pipes and water....find the leak and fix..... seems straight forward to me.

I never understand the assumption that everyone involved with a stalled project are idiots, but someone who knows next to nothing about it has the answer.

kram: why not call Adam Vaughan up and let him know you're heading down to get the thing flowing again. Let us know how your work goes.

Back