Toronto Ripley's Aquarium of Canada | 13.11m | 2s | Ripley Entertainment | B+H

no...... interchange42 i will be going down to see Adam Vaughan any time soon.
it's his job to make things happen, that is what he is getting paid for. thats why he asked us to vote him into office, to make things happen.
it is a fountain, not nuclear fusion .....
i would not expect you to fix down power lines or do street repair.... we have people who specialize in that. just like we have people who
specialize in pipe repair.
i was not calling them idiots..... i was just pointing out how some things in life take a long time to fix, when on the outside it looks straight froward.

I am also digging the red :) In a sea of blue and green condos, this adds some contrast. I am always a fan of a striking, bold design. This does it for me. The CN Tower is one of Canada's largest tourist attractions, why wouldn't it have a grand striking entrance? The old one was just plain boring.

THIS is boring, dated and complete misses the mark. I feel a massive opportunity was missed here - to pay respect to the CN Tower and not detract from it. The CN Tower is a symbol of a time when people thought of the future - it was a superlative in architecture and construction of its time and to be honest, we have yet to do anything matching its magnitude since (skydome). I feel this and all previous interventions have been nothing more than a consecutive set of larger Truck Nuts:

trucknutz.jpg

Colour me unimpressed.

p5

Attachments

• trucknutz.jpg
    trucknutz.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 749
You can't impress everyone. I'm fairly certain that had the CN Tower been built today, a decent number of people would be calling it "subpar," "crappy," "just another stick" (a play on "just another box"), and "yet another example of why Toronto is not 'world class'"

Also, your truck reference doesn't make much sense to me. Either, you're saying that the CN Tower was just an ordinary "truck" that these larger "nuts" have turned into something out of the ordinary (even if in a negative way), or that the CN Tower was a tacky building that is now over-the-top with the addition of these "nuts." Or maybe I just completely missed the mark; that's not entirely out of the question either.

THIS is boring, dated and complete misses the mark. I feel a massive opportunity was missed here - to pay respect to the CN Tower and not detract from it. The CN Tower is a symbol of a time when people thought of the future - it was a superlative in architecture and construction of its time and to be honest, we have yet to do anything matching its magnitude since (skydome). I feel this and all previous interventions have been nothing more than a consecutive set of larger Truck Nuts:

Colour me unimpressed.

p5

Riiiiggghttt.... 2 stories of coloured glass only visible from Bremner/the east side of the Dome detract from the Tower

Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. It's all about details, which you obviously are failing to see. Everything works a certain way, and this garish architectural misstep is nothing more than a clumsy appendage. Like much of what happens in this city, people fail to see the details make up the bigger picture.

"The details are the very source of expression in architecture. But we are caught in a vice between art and the bottom line".
-Arthur Erickson

The CN Tower was built at a time when people weren't afraid of strong colour. It seems appropriate that some is added, especially since we're in the middle of the greyest period in Toronto's recent history.

Back