News   Apr 30, 2024
 161     0 
News   Apr 30, 2024
 391     0 
News   Apr 30, 2024
 947     0 

Toronto Ridiculous NIMBYism thread

Please keep life down to a minimum. Library voices only. Don't force our condo board to implement a one-child policy.

Stop that.

don%27twww-scarfolk-blogspot-com.jpg

Wouldn't it make more sense to ban kids instead of banning water balloons? Water balloons are not the cause of the mess, the kids are. Ban kids, and no more mess.

Wouldn't it make more sense to ban kids instead of banning water balloons? Water balloons are not the cause of the mess, the kids are. Ban kids, and no more mess.

There is no guarantee that teenagers or college kids won't use water balloons. Banning kids does not solve the problem.

You have to ban everyone. "Keep Our Parks Clean. Stay the **** out."

I absolutely agree. Children cause the problem, so they should be banned

And I'd like to extend this to beyond parks. They should be banned on transit, restaurants, shopping malls, theme parks, washrooms, stores and basically everywhere that I go.

There is no guarantee that teenagers or college kids won't use water balloons. Banning kids does not solve the problem.

You have to ban everyone. "Keep Our Parks Clean. Stay the **** out."

Ban teens. They're useless troublemakers as well.

I'm okay with college aged people... mostly because I am a college age person :)

Stop that.

don%27twww-scarfolk-blogspot-com.jpg

"This public information poster is from the "Don't" campaign, which started in 1973.

The council became increasingly concerned that citizens were too actively involved in 'doing.'
Because 'doing' is a morally and politically ambiguous activity the council decided to take control and enforced 'not doing' until they could clarify and ratify only positive, socially acceptable expressions of 'doing.'"

There are definitely radicalized NIMBYs that would support such a policy.

I absolutely agree. Children cause the problem, so they should be banned

And I'd like to extend this to beyond parks. They should be banned on transit, restaurants, shopping malls, theme parks, washrooms, stores and basically everywhere that I go.

Yes please. Kids are obnoxious and scream too much.

Back