Toronto Richview Square | 103.75m | 31s | Trinity Group | B+H

325r3rfq2f.JPG

http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...icationsList.do?action=init&folderRsn=4362785

Oh boy, that's not good. The street defining buildings have been lost to some middling park. Without a hard urban edge, the sense of enclosure that excellent public realms need is gone and we're back to slightly-revised, tower in the park BS. And look how well that's turned out...

What a wasteland Eglinton West has turned into between Martin Grove and Royal York. I'd rather have the vast empty greenfields back, compared to all this hodgepodge development that has been spewed along this stretch.

Simply put, all development that has taken place along this particular stretch of Eglinton has been a disaster and this one is no exception.

What a wasteland Eglinton West has turned into between Martin Grove and Royal York. I'd rather have the vast empty greenfields back, compared to all this hodgepodge development that has been spewed along this stretch.

Simply put, all development that has taken place along this particular stretch of Eglinton has been a disaster and this one is no exception.

It was Mayor Rob Ford (and Councillor Doug Ford) who wanted to sell off the "unneeded" land along Eglinton West in Etobicoke for the money.

Since parts of that land along Eglinton have been developed, one would presume the expanded lrt would have to be buried in this area. Why wouldnt they leave the fields open for an above ground lrt?

Since parts of that land along Eglinton have been developed, one would presume the expanded lrt would have to be buried in this area. Why wouldnt they leave the fields open for an above ground lrt?
Enough width is in the remaining right-of-way for an LRT in the middle of Eglinton.

That doesn't excuse the piecemeal and mostly under-zoned new developments along this stretch. Ridiculous that there are townhomes in places along this stretch instead of mid-rises, and yes, the previous plan for tis site was better.

Revised again. The tallest tower is now 18 storeys, the shortest is 11 storeys. 605 units.

Screen Shot 2019-10-29 at 1.55.55 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-10-29 at 1.56.04 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-10-29 at 1.56.11 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-10-29 at 1.56.20 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-10-29 at 1.56.27 PM.png

At least that huge bridging section — totally overwhelming for the area — is gone. This is a still a major density increase for the area.

I dont know which is the bigger waste of space: this project, or the townhoues that line Eglinton immediately west of Wincott from Kipling to Martin Grove.

At this point I just wish we could just get that strip of empty green lands back.

Back