Toronto Residences Of College Park Condos | ?m | 51s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

I've been living at 763 Bay for a year, and although I don't particularly like the outside, especially the lower floors, I'm very happy with the quality of the apartment I'm renting.

Something tells me you need an Asprin...

Cell phone snaps from today:

2386060141_ce5859ee36_o.jpg

2386891108_59f365020d_o.jpg

I feel compelled to point out that, as somebody who saw those mid-70s movies at the time they were first released, those movies were NOT all desaturated at the time; they were pretty much like current movies in that respect. I think that their current 'look' is simply due to the effects of age on the film stock. (I also notice this with photo prints from the time -- their current appearance is much faded from what I remember they looked like when they were new.)

I feel compelled to point out that, as somebody who saw those mid-70s movies at the time they were first released, those movies were NOT all desaturated at the time; they were pretty much like current movies in that respect. I think that their current 'look' is simply due to the effects of age on the film stock. (I also notice this with photo prints from the time -- their current appearance is much faded from what I remember they looked like when they were new.)
That's what's great about digital. A digital movie or jpg will look exactly the same in 30 years as it does now. As long as the medium it's stored on is in good condition, anyway.

Black and white film tends to decay slower than colour film. That's why it's preferred for archival material.

its also strange some of those 1960's colour movies are in great condition like Lawerene of Arabia, much better condition then some of the films from the 70's like Superman...

Wow, I know I'm absolutely going to hate myself for saying this, but ROCP almost looks good in that first picture of the second set.

RoCP is one of my favourite photo subjects. If you catch it at the right time it actually cooperates and looks decent. Of the various vantages I've snapped, I think it looks good in the background behind other buildings (like MaRs, THG, etc) as part of an urban context. Photos taken from Bay St. or Yonge/College Park make it look out of place, boxy and imposing. I still believe that these towers could have been a success if they had just built a better/higher podium and avoided that curved roof thingy.

Back