Toronto Residences at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto | 207.86m | 53s | Graywood | Kohn Pedersen Fox

July 20th Update

I think it's just everyone is terrified of The Cheapening(TM).

It'll be good, The Ritz won't end up a victim of The Cheapeningâ„¢, it's too high profile a building

Today from Queen's Quay

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Every time I see the Ritz shot from the west against RBC, I can't believe how thin it is. It looks like a tiny sliver of a building, yet it will soon rise above its new neighbour to the east. I like RBC, but Ritz makes it look like a fat pig in those two shots on the previous page.

as ritz fattens out from its south side, won't it end up covering rbc's signage?

the fat neighbour may have shown greater foresight by placing its logo in the north corner of its western wall.

Besides The Cheapeningâ„¢ and The Stumpeningâ„¢, there's also the The Cancellingâ„¢ and The Circumcisingâ„¢ (both of which might happen at 1 Bloor).

Sadly, all seem common in Toronto

here's a snapshot from the Ritz webcam today....construction has moved entirely out of camera frame - hopefully they will reposition the webcam soon...

20090722_19-48-54.jpg

I didn't realize that little section on the east elevation was indented. I wonder if they're going to light it up to match RBC.

And driving in on the Gardiner today I noticed Ritz is now as tall as the first setback on Simcoe Place. Another three or four weeks and it'll top out the roofline.

Looking good. A little thinner than I expected, but the top portion of the building should be spectacular - for Toronto.

Back