Toronto Residences at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto | 207.86m | 53s | Graywood | Kohn Pedersen Fox

I think it would have looked better if it didn't have any vertical stripes either. Those mullions ruin it for me. I love the shape of the building, just not the details.

... plus I don't think it would possible to have one continous piece of glass spanning the entire width of the building (in order to achieve the 'clean' look some are asking for on RC)

Speaking of which... I wonder what the largest piece of vision glass is these days. I'm sure it's on some office lobby somewhere and I'm guessing it's in the range of 8 feet by 30 feet. I have searched online for the answer, but I can't find it anywhere. I'll probably be surprised by the answer.

Better yet, now that we live in the future (minus the flying cars, which I'm still waiting for!) we will soon have nanotechnology glass, which will be "grown" on site and be seamless from the first floor to the one hundredth.

The biggest I've seen (I've seen a lot) is the ground floor glass at Commerce Court West. Not sure what the dimensions are, but they're big

Ritz Opens in Feb

There are Reps from the Ritz-Carlton in the concourse level of FCP this morning with a promotion for the hotel.
Spoke with one of the cute ladies and she confirmed that the official opening of the hotel will be in February.
A soft opening is scheduled for the end of January.

Excellent news! Ritz might have some good hotel rates for the "soft opening" I can't wait to see the place.

Great view of the CN Tower from the Ritz and great view of the Ritz from the CN Tower

cnritz.jpg

thats such a breathtaking shot androiduk! ^^^ i'm blown away. crazy how much detail is in it! You got one hell of a camera! :D

Back