Toronto Residences at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto | 207.86m | 53s | Graywood | Kohn Pedersen Fox

Lookin' pretty good at night. It will be great to see this place next year during the film fest - it will be hopping.

RitzPodiumByNight.jpg

^As I said before...

That's no podium, that's a podi-YUM!!!! Because it's so delicious.

Last edited:
Absolutely beautiful. If you're going to use modern materials for transparency, you'd may as well have something beautiful as this warm wood shining through. A+. Good to see some warmth on this street.

Last edited:
STUNNIN podium! god. i wish this podium was somewhere in a skyscraper canyon. it reminds me of classic manhattan hotel lobbys situated smack in between buildings... very slick!

While I love the Ritz's exterior ... recently I was fortunate enough to get a construction tour of the Ritz's first couple floors (hotel lobby and convention space), I must say I was not amazed / fasinated in any way at all, I know it will look better once all the interior decor are in, but the interior space felt, underwhelming ... I would have expected much more for a 5-star hotel (King Eddy being no 5-star looks way better)

Not fair. You're comparing two totally different aesthetics. Believe it or not, one might be appreciative of both.

Along with the roof feature and unique southern slant, the podium helps rescue this building from mediocrity. That's one of the best shots of the podium I think we've seen here.

Not fair. You're comparing two totally different aesthetics. Believe it or not, one might be appreciative of both.

Of course it's fair; it's his informed opinion, having been inside. They're both buildings, and even a contemporary building with contemporary architecture has to compete with the old stuff. And he never said he doesn't appreciate modern architecture; he just said he didn't appreciate the interior of the Ritz.

It's a bit too soon to judge, I feel, but he's allowed his opinion.

well I can appreciate everyone has their own preferences, I'm just saying I wasn't impressed by the Ritz's interiors (as it is now and what's to come according to the renderings)

In particular, the lobby did not have the spacious feeling that I was expecting, plus the red / orange / yellow wavey pattern carpet with the maple leaves and maple seeds on the convention floors 2 & 4 aren't much of an attractive design feature IMO

Nonetheless, judge for yourself when the building opens to the public, and in the interim here are some renderings:
Ritz-interior.jpg

I'm surprised with the interiors for such a contemporary glass skyscraper ^^^. very classic approach (nothing wrong with it), :)

interesting find Khris... they sure do have some similarities, but the sloping roof of the Ritz and its additional height sets them apart for me.

There'll be no way to avoid all similarities amongst imaginative building designs.

There's another dissimilarity that Redroom doesn't mention: Eleven Times Square cants out over its podium, while the Ritz cants over its backside.

Back