Toronto Residences at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto | 207.86m | 53s | Graywood | Kohn Pedersen Fox

Wow, those are brilliant pictures, thanks for sharing.

Question regarding that balcony.....I'd have to imagine that at that height it would be quite windy, perhaps too windy to actually use it. Any thoughts?

You would think so... but on some days, there is zero wind up there at all, and the proof of that was that for us there was no wind whatsoever. How often it's that still, I don't know...

Awesome update, Great Job!

Question about the gap. Is that gap going to be filled in in the middle AT ALL? I know I42 stated it would be left open, but I always thought that just meant at the sides, not all the way across the middle?

Awesome update, Great Job!

Question about the gap. Is that gap going to be filled in in the middle AT ALL? I know I42 stated it would be left open, but I always thought that just meant at the sides, not all the way across the middle?

From all the renders I have studied, there will definitely be something filling the gap, but plans change so don't hold me to it. Check out my take on what we might see in a few months.

http://urbantoronto.ca/showthread.php?511-Ritz-Carlton-%28Graywood-CadFair-53s-KPF-P-S%29&p=394658#post394658

Oops!

I found another render that shows the R-C logo on the glass portion on the side of the tower, but the gap is still filled in with something:

Attachments

• ritzap2 C.jpg
    ritzap2 C.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 229
  • ritzap2.jpg
    ritzap2.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 216
The New Ritz-Carlton, Part 3: The SkyLobby

Pipe must be cut. For that reason there's not much to see in the SkyLobby itself yet, so...

4544349839_e928dca219_b.jpg

Welcome to the patio behind the SkyLobby, and under the canopy. It looks surprisingly closed-in for a two-floor high space 22 storeys in the air... but then you notice that there is a line of skylights along the edge of the building, covered up for the time being until construction is finished above.

4544431215_7897e47661_b.jpg

Back inside, we've climbed to the mezzanine level of the SkyLobby... but not on the sweeping staircase which, as you can see, is not there yet.

4544442833_b5ae14420f_b.jpg

Look, back patio again, now from above...

4544444783_4d588a147e_b.jpg

and if we tilt up, we get a better look at the skylight which is to be uncovered upon completion.

4544447515_096bca721b_b.jpg

Here's a better idea of the local context for the back patio.

4544450795_d1c22459ca_b.jpg

Aw heck, let's give you an actual view this time (what are we, monsters?), so, looking south from here, Ritz-Carltonians will have an excellent vista of the new Roundhouse Heritage Railway Museum.

4545088624_d713b25f68_b.jpg

Of course, you may also elect to look up from the balcony for this everyday view.

4544457419_65179e5cdb_b.jpg

And with that done, it's time to head to the podium... well, next report!

Like I predicted, that's not a multi-million dollar view! It's not the North Shore mountains, nor the vibrancy of Manhattan's skyscrapers. It's just a view of some crummy condo buildings, Porter airplanes, the filthy masses getting off buses to go to the skydome, Buffalo on a clear day and the sad remnants of Victorian Toronto's railway yards. (I'm biased of course--my view is best!:D)

Last edited:
Like I predicted, that's not a multi-million dollar view! It's not the North Shore mountains, nor the vibrancy of Manhattan's skyscrapers. It's just a view of some crummy condo buildings, Porter airplanes, the filthy masses getting off buses to go to the skydome and the sad remnants of Victorian Toronto's railway yards. (I'm biased of course--my view is best!:D)

To be fair UD, what would you say about a east view on the east side of Manhattan, a multi million dollar view with even less to look at, less a lot of water ;)

Like I predicted, that's not a multi-million dollar view! It's not the North Shore mountains, nor the vibrancy of Manhattan's skyscrapers. It's just a view of some crummy condo buildings, Porter airplanes, the filthy masses getting off buses to go to the skydome, Buffalo on a clear day and the sad remnants of Victorian Toronto's railway yards. (I'm biased of course--my view is best!:D)

But just think of how interesting the view will be when there are massive crowds steaming up and down that street. I imagine the view will be quite lively.

I do find there is a certain compelling energy to the highway as well... and the lake will be beautiful in the summer with all the sail boats out there... and come on, the CN freakin' Tower!!

oh for goodness sake, I've only given you a very selected, zoomed in view so far. the views from this place are great. ud, you have no imagination, and a bizarrely negative attitude. If only Vancouver and Manhattan's views are good enough for you, please do yourself a favour and move to one or the other.

Last edited:
oh for goodness sake, I've only given you a very selected, zoomed it view so far. the views from this place are great. ud, you have no imagination, and a bizarrely negative attitude. If only Vancouver and Manhattan's views are good enough for you, please do yourself a favour and move to one or the other.

^^^ +1

Thanks so much for the wonderful shots i42 :)

Back