Toronto Residences at the RCMI Condos | 134.72m | 42s | Tribute | Zeidler

Wow. Thats really the end of an era seeing as its one of the last 'houses' in that area of the core.

Couldn't they build something like the New York Apple store to contain the house and perch the condo on top of that? That would be wild!

We have a real opportunity to be completely unreasonable little turds!
LET'S BE SOCIALLY PROEGESSIVE:

This military institute is 'militaristic!" It's American and has no business being in our Canadian city! Get rid of this imperialism! We do not need some canon that was fried in some colonial war on our University Ave.,It's offensive to women. It's offensive to immigrant groups. It's a symbol of the horrors of the British Empire. Demolish the building, Get rid of the institute. Get rid of this militaristic club!

How's that for good old City Hall lefty bullshit? I think it's complete bull and thus has a really good chance of gaining transaction.. It's so bloody horrible and ill - conceived, it could be written by a second year university student at York.

^WTF? What does this rant have to do with this development? I have no interest in reading your (grossly stereotyped) views of those who do not hold your particular political opinions.

If do you have something constructive to say about this development, I would be happy to read it.

Bill

ps -- I know that the post was a parody, the problem is that the views he parodied are in fact almost nonexistent, a "strawman" of left-wing thinking mainly aired by right-wingers.

It has everything to do with the development, and an anticipated criticism of it! The military institute will get cash, thus enabling the members to preserve their (horrible) club! OUTRAGE! and all that BS.

Hopefully more and more groups will be forced to make deals with developers rather than pester the taxpayer.

Wow. I'm with Bill on this one, that rant is definately off-topic from the development, aside from that fact that the club will retain its address and become a tenant in this new building.

While I don't like to see any historic buildings lost, I think that this is a much needed boost in height along University. If this tower looks good (big if) it should compliment Shangri-la nicely and infuse some much needed residential density to the instituional-laden University Ave. And this is such a thin property, bordered by the tower-in-a-park-esq Zurich Life building and the bunker that is the American embassy/consolate. That doesn't leave my room, so expect to see a sleak sliver here. Wonder what coloured mirrored glass and curtain wall they've eventually pick... blue-ish-greeny perhaps?

So V of E is now 2 for three in this thread, lets cross our fingers for a Manulife announcement.

While we're at it, let's demolish Campbell House. After all, why have that old thing take up prime real estate where we could have a 100 storey glass box condo!!

Wow. I'm with Bill on this one, that rant is definately off-topic from the development, aside from that fact that the club will retain its address and become a tenant in this new building.

While I don't like to see any historic buildings lost, I think that this is a much needed boost in height along University. If this tower looks good (big if) it should compliment Shangri-la nicely and infuse some much needed residential density to the instituional-laden University Ave. And this is such a thin property, bordered by the tower-in-a-park-esq Zurich Life building and the bunker that is the American embassy/consolate. That doesn't leave my room, so expect to see a sleak sliver here. Wonder what coloured mirrored glass and curtain wall they've eventually pick... blue-ish-greeny perhaps?

THINK CITYPLACE with a facadectamy! That's my guess!

It's not a particularly striking or attractive building, I have a feeling that keeping the little facade intact is going to look really weird. I hope they keep the cannons out front :p

This is good news. It should add residents to an artery that has few and it's along a subway line.

Back