Toronto Regent Park: EVOLV | 102.41m | 29s | Daniels | IBI Group

20191116_103558.jpg
20191116_103641.jpg
20191116_103722.jpg
20191116_103804.jpg
20191116_103828.jpg
20191116_103902.jpg

Not so keen on the east side cladding, but the west side looks quite good. The detailing of the white frames contrasts well with the black. The views must be nice as well facing west towards the park and downtown skyline.

Agreed, the east side looks drably downbeat in comparison to the rather activated west side.

I find the massing overbearing. Any sort of architectural detail is blurred in different types of cheap spandrel panels. Regent Park started out on such a high note.

I live across Shuter Street from this project and for weeks now they have been illegally using the no waiting zone on Shuter, East of the Sumch Shuter Parkette as a staging area for heavy trucks from 6:30am onwards. It is highly irresponsible of the developer and contractors to do allow this as the trucks often sit with their engines idling for 15-20 minutes at a time, before moving on site and the next one takes its place. I have called the city who said they will send parking enforcement officers to handle the situation but nobody has showed up yet. I also called Daniels and left a complaint with them but haven't heard back yet. Highly frustrating and I'm finding it very difficult to get anyone to take accountability for this behaviour which is disrupting our sleep and quality of life...

I find the massing overbearing. Any sort of architectural detail is blurred in different types of cheap spandrel panels. Regent Park started out on such a high note.

Definitely so (especially with the spandrel)- and yet I have a feeling that this building might come together in the end.

I'm actually okay with the massing of this building. It sort of acts as a bookend to the Regent Park area and has an encompassing presence over the basketball court and playing field. The west facing cladding is fairly positive IMO and isn't too offensive with its spandrel usage. It's the east facing side that I take issue with, as it pretty much turns its back against River Street and everything to the east with its lazy spandrel and mullion treatment.

Back