Toronto RBC WaterPark Place III | 140.2m | 30s | Oxford Properties | WZMH

Thanks! Yeah, I'm curious how much heat they'll actually pump out.

I dunno, probably enough to avert the worst of the bite on really cold days this upcoming winter, but certainly not enough to keep the tunnel at room temperature.

Have they put in escalators in the ACC to get up to the level of the tunnel? From what I remember, there was just a very narrow stair case to get up there before but I would imagine that most people would not want to climb those stairs.

the PATH at ACC

IMG_4679.jpg

IMG_4682.jpg

IMG_4683.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4679.jpg
    IMG_4679.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 2,324
  • IMG_4682.jpg
    IMG_4682.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 2,273
  • IMG_4683.jpg
    IMG_4683.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 2,283
Last edited:
the PATH at ACC

IMG_4685.jpg

IMG_4693-1.jpg

IMG_4696.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4685.jpg
    IMG_4685.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 2,242
  • IMG_4693-1.jpg
    IMG_4693-1.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 2,254
  • IMG_4696.jpg
    IMG_4696.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 2,256
Last edited:
Stairs to (I'm assuming) the underground streetar station on the northwest corner of Bay and Queens Quay

KXs4rOX.jpg

The other day I walked from 10 Bay to University and Wellington completely inside during pouring rain. I love it. The PATH isn't always the most direct or easy to navigate route, but it is inside when it's pouring out. I really liked the part through the ACC. And I get a big kick out of walking under the underside of the Gardiner.

^ I agree. However, I'm still concerned that there aren't any safety bars on the underside of the Gardiner demarcating the height of the PATH bridge. Sure, it is unlikely that an oversized truck will attempt to go underneath, but we're talking about lives being at risk. IMO, this is blatant negligence. I hope I don't get flamed for saying that, but I'm very concerned about this, and I would hate for an (absolutely avoidable) accident to happen before the proper safety measures are put in place.

^ I agree. However, I'm still concerned that there aren't any safety bars on the underside of the Gardiner demarcating the height of the PATH bridge. Sure, it is unlikely that an oversized truck will attempt to go underneath, but we're talking about lives being at risk. IMO, this is blatant negligence. I hope I don't get flamed for saying that, but I'm very concerned about this, and I would hate for an (absolutely avoidable) accident to happen before the proper safety measures are put in place.

No safety measures have prevented the Burlington Skyway incident, so what's gonna stop another drunken idiot from doing the same here?

No safety measures have prevented the Burlington Skyway incident, so what's gonna stop another drunken idiot from doing the same here?
Nothing can stop that level of stupidity. The walkway is more than tall enough for every type of vehicle to pass under easily.

No barrier they could put up would protect against the level of negligence seen in the skyway accident. The only time I could see the potential for that type of accident is when the ramp is being removed in a couple of years and construction vehicles will be on it.

Some shots from today:

Looking down on 88 QQW lobby from 2nd floor retail level:
CIFffpg.png

The food court:
WlCKmia.png

rleSXSQ.png

Seating area overlooking Bay St entrance to WPP:
3vEJ31e.png

Fmkv1VK.png

New entrance from WPP to the elevated PATH above Lakeshore over to the ACC:
m7wMC18.png

Apparently a Starbucks is going in on the 2nd floor, adjacent to the PATH access, and it looks like there are still a half dozen food court vendors yet to open. A Rexall, RBC branch, and RBC Insurance office are all under construction.

Does anyone know who's slated for the retail spot on QQ just east of RBC, or the spot at the far NW corner?

Back