Attachments

• IMG_7862.jpg
    IMG_7862.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 1,299
  • IMG_7859.jpg
    IMG_7859.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 1,315
Thanks for the photos.

That corridor through the under-construction Sun Life Tower is going to be very austere - especially considering they plan on having it open in about a month!

seems this bridge has been constructed to pass only short vehicles which 5 meter high. I think truck trailers and buses can't pass

Last edited by a moderator:
seems this bridge has been constructed to pass only short vehicles which 5 meter high. I think truck trailers and buses can't pass

Do you think they're building the bridge without take in consideration vertical clearance? By the way, the taller bus in the GTA is the GO double decker (which run exclusively on the 407 and the 403) and it's 4.2 meters.

Alright, let's play what fits under the bridge...

IMG_6619.JPG

Motorcycle fits under the bridge:

IMG_6611.JPG

Small SUV fits under the bridge:

IMG_6615.JPG

Work van fits under the bridge:

IMG_6617.JPG

Let's just hope no drunk dump truck driver tries to drive under it with his box up.

resize.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6619.JPG
    IMG_6619.JPG
    193 KB · Views: 944
  • IMG_6611.JPG
    IMG_6611.JPG
    178.5 KB · Views: 937
  • IMG_6615.JPG
    IMG_6615.JPG
    186.2 KB · Views: 916
  • IMG_6617.JPG
    IMG_6617.JPG
    194.8 KB · Views: 942
  • resize.jpeg
    resize.jpeg
    109.5 KB · Views: 972
hawc, that pic scared the shit out of me. I was scrolling through quickly and thought that it had actually happened. After a little panic, I noticed it was the pic of the Skyway accident.

The area has developed to the point where the ramp seems extremely out of place due to it's length. Isn't there any way they can make it shorter but steeper? The grade seems pretty shallow right now.

It's planned that the York/Bay/Yonge ramps from the EB Gardiner will be removed.
Yes, last week the City advertised for a project manager for this - it is due to start in 2016. See:

Request for Proposal Call number: 9117-14-5073
Commodity: Professional Services, Consulting Services
Description: Preliminary and Detailed Design Services for F.G. Gardiner Expressway
Professional Services for Preliminary and Detailed Design Services For F.G. Gardiner Expressway – York- Bay-Yonge Off-Ramp Reconstruction
Issue date: September 19, 2014 Closing date: October 7, 2014 at 12:00 Noon

So if this ramp were gone, you'd have to either get off at Spadina or Jarvis? That's a lot more traffic on both of those already busy ramps.

So even though the Sunlife building isn't finished at all and is still under construction, they're going to finish one passageway through through the edge of the building?

Back