Toronto RBC WaterPark Place III | 140.2m | 30s | Oxford Properties | WZMH

27 June 2012:

20120627191158.jpg

I was thinking the other day driving into the downtown... more than half the tower crane operators in North America are presently working in Toronto. Do these guys hang out together, get put up in the same hotels, etc... ? They must love our fully nude strip clubs compared to working in some US cities where you can't even have alcohol in a topless only bar...

when you are working on a project for 2+ years, I would hope that you would not stay in a hotel. these guys probably rent places..

it is interesting if over 1/2 of crane operators in N/A are in Toronto though. shows how big this boom truly is!

I post those pictures with tears in my eyes... My view is gone forever. Just kidding, no tears, but not happy at all.
IMG_1344.jpg
and
IMG_1350.jpg

Do these guys hang out together, get put up in the same hotels, etc... ? They must love our fully nude strip clubs compared to working in some US cities where you can't even have alcohol in a topless only bar...

I think it's more likely that they're happy to be in a city with a great opera company, a superb ballet, and a fine symphony. That plus the Picasso show at the AGO this summer, and what crane operator wouldn't want to be here?

after all, what crane operator doesn't appreciate the fine arts?

also, in the second photo zeiss posted, I noticed that the GO bus has some numbers on its roof. any idea why?

There were about 20 workers, now I can see only 2, does this has anything to do with the soccer game? Or could be some other cultural event.

Back