Toronto Queens Quay & Water's Edge Revitalization | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

Unbelievable. How do you get to that point in life that you think the world revolves around you like that. People like that only understand physical pain.

tonight - I was on a streetcar with a TTC Supervisor who was instructing the driver to stop at every intersection and then proceed slowly across the intersection... so is the TTC now getting a bit terrified of the bad drivers?

tonight - I was on a streetcar with a TTC Supervisor who was instructing the driver to stop at every intersection and then proceed slowly across the intersection... so is the TTC now getting a bit terrified of the bad drivers?

I'm thinking that maybe more pedestrians crossing the tracks to wait for the light on the side closer to the road

It was like that one night earlier this week as well - I thought it was odd

I always believed that only draconian laws can punish bad/incompetent/distracted drivers.

It's not draconian - it's fairness. Monetary punishment should have similar impact across individuals with dramatically different incomes - otherwise it just reinforces inequity in the justice system.

AoD

It's not draconian - it's fairness. Monetary punishment should have similar impact across individuals with dramatically different incomes - otherwise it just reinforces inequity in the justice system.

That's true - I don't know if our sense of fairness is as strong as the Finns' though. Drivers in North America still tend to see efforts to make them speed less, park where they should, etc. as an assault on their freedom.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 221

Back