Toronto Queen & Portland Loft & Condominium Residences | ?m | 9s | Tribute | Turner Fleischer

Well, it's my neighbourhood, so I have to like it. Another from today.

5619915623_cf42e13b92_b.jpg

I like the opaque glass. It looks more interesting than the monotony of clear or highly reflective curtainwall.

Criticisms of the Queen Street facade are fair though. Above the ground floor retail, it looks too institutional.

Last edited:
I like the opaque glass. It looks more interesting than the monotony of clear or highly reflective curtainwall.

Criticisms of the Queen Street facade are fair though. Above the ground floor retail, it looks too institutional.

I agree. I love the glass on the Portland Street side but the Queen side looks hideous. Hopefully things will start coming together as the building nears completion.

Poor material choices and suburban proportions aside, it's a really great mixed-use addition to the neighbourhood. I'll be visiting frequently for the Loblaws.

The final product is true to the render - there is barely any sidewalk left. Thankfully there are some trees but as someone else already pointed out a long time ago, one stroller will cause pedestrian traffic.

I don't know if its the photo quality, but thumbs down on the baloneys. I need to see this in person and planning on doing so this weekend for my real view.

A few more floors along Queen would add to everything considering what going in there now.

If I didn't know any better, I'd have thought those were temporary plywood panels.

My thoughts exactly.
This development is one hot mess of dated design elements from the 80's.
It's painful to look at, but so hideous that you can't help to look at it either -- like a bad car accident.

Back