Toronto Queen & Portland Loft & Condominium Residences | ?m | 9s | Tribute | Turner Fleischer

It looks like the remainder of the 3rd floor was poured today

335-queenw-20100715-1_1279241303.jpg

I know this isn't (understandably) the most popular project along Queen, but here's a few more pics from earlier this evening from ground level.

335-queenw-20100716-1_1279331003.jpg

335-queenw-20100716-2_1279331017.jpg

335-queenw-20100716-3_1279331032.jpg

Great update

I consider this project to also be part of the Portland street redevelopment.

Quick update from this morning: steel framing is being installed along the Richmond St. facade. Cladding should be coming soon. The 5th floor is being poured. Two more to go after that.

attachment.php

Aug 10th update:

The 6th floor (of 7) is being worked on at the west side of the building, as the 5th is still being wrapped up at the east.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Aug 19th update:

The 7th and final floor is now being constructed. Looks like we could be seeing some cladding coming on soon.

attachment.php

Topped out? I thought this one was 9 storeys. They're on 6 now from what I can tell.

The title is wrong. There are 7 storeys along Richmond (3 commercial + 4 residential) and 3 along Queen (2 commercial + 1 residential).

Tribute Communities Celebrates Topping Off of Innovative Queen & Portland Condominium

Sep 8, 2010 5:21:00 PM

TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Sept. 8, 2010) -

It has rightly been called one of the most innovative residential projects in the City of Toronto and a vision of what city life should be like the future. Now Queen & Portland, set on the streets of the same name in the city's Downtown West neighbourhood has completed the first giant step towards move in day.

Developer Tribute communities, its partner RioCan REIT, buyers and the retailers that will occupy lower floor space gathered today to officially top off the amazing mixed-use project.

What makes Queen & Portland so unique is that it is as close as a manageable sized condo can come to being a blended neighbourhood, complete with residences, retail and even green spaces and small terraces in the sky.

Q&P is a 7-storey, mid-rise structure that starts with two and a half levels of retail space and uses that as a base on which to set a modern marvel of terraces, sky gardens, lofts and traditional suites.

That retail space will be home to an urban version of Loblaws, Joe Fresh and Winners among others. The Loblaws will occupy approximately 38,700 sq. ft. over the entire second floor; Joe Fresh, Teopia, Bank of Montreal and one other will be on the street level and Winners will share the third floor with some residential suites that face onto Queen West.

As Tribute president Al Libfeld pointed out to this audience, no other downtown project offers residents their own 20,000-square-foot landscaped mini-park high above Queen West. In fact, it is a mini-park designed by the city's top Green designer - Andrea Kantelberg. What other condominium can say residents have their own front or backyards - terraces that range from 300 to 1,125 square feet in size, he asked.

"We are enormously proud of Q&P," he said."I think we have created something here that brings lasting credit to everyone involved with the project - our partner RioCan, the design and construction teams and our forward thinking retailers."

Queen and Portland currently offers lofts, one-bedroom as well as three bedroom suites large enough for a family.

The lofts are especially dramatic. There are 9 of them on the third floor facing Queen West. Each has 10-foot ceilings and the dramatic floor-to-ceiling north facing windows open onto those terrific terraces.

Upper floors offer large two-bedroom and two-bedroom and den traditional residences. They can run as much as 1,300 square feet and have their own east-facing terraces, some large enough for a game of croquet.

As for amenities, Tribute knows its market. The Queen and Portland area is the big plus here. The condominium will have a state-of-the-art exercise room and a concierge to man the lobby desk and a banquet of diversions just outside the front door.

http://finance.alphatrade.com/story/2010-09-08/CCN/201009081821CCNMATHWCANADAPR_0634852001.html

^I love the passive hyperbole in that first sentence: "It has rightly been called one of the most innovative residential projects in the City of Toronto"

"rightly been called" - what a ridiculous way of saying something - I am asserting that someone else's opinion is correct. It's not my opinion, honest!

Back