Toronto Plaza on Yonge | 108.7m | 32s | Plaza | BDP Quadrangle

$28million car dealership,... gonna have to sell a lot of Subaru,....

1685991670591.png

I wouldn’t be overly concerned about the dealership as it is most likely a place holder.

On Yonge Street (or any other street in Toronto), it is a common practice for addresses to be continuous with no gaps along a street. This helps maintain consistency and clarity for postal services, emergency services, and residents or businesses seeking to locate specific addresses.
However, in some cases, gaps in address numbers may occur due to various reasons such as demolitions, mergers of properties, changes in zoning regulations, or land assembly for large-scale developments. In such situations, adjustments to address numbers may be made by municipal authorities to ensure consistency and compliance with addressing standards. Developers often assign a new, snappier name or address for the newly constructed development, such as "5959 Yonge St." The new name or address is typically used for marketing purposes and to provide a distinct identity for the new development. It helps in branding the property and making it more marketable to potential buyers or tenants.

My question: What happened to the original addresses previously occupying the site assembled here? Did they cease to exist?

P.S. Isn't it extremely unimaginative that the dealership roof isn't being utilized as a condo amenity? A terrace/green space connecting to the other amenity at the base of the podium would be an obvious great feature here. Am I missing something?

Back