Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 345.5m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

With the amount of watermarks Bibi L put on this photo, I see a head on competition with TD's logos on 160 Front.

Or the amount that Concord Adex has put on just one corner of Bathurst.

IMG_9994.jpeg

(Apple Maps)

Potentially because the southern units are more expensive? More difficult to sell...
Southern units are too hot with the sun beating on them all day and though some may like the view of the lake I'd much rather have a northern view of the city skyline and stay cooler while you're at it. I would never pay more money for a South view but that is just my personal opinion. I'd pay a premium for a North view.

EDIT: Currently live on the 27th floor of a building in Hamilton with a South view and I hate it only because of the sun lol

Southern units are too hot with the sun beating on them all day and though some may like the view of the lake I'd much rather have a northern view of the city skyline and stay cooler while you're at it. I would never pay more money for a South view but that is just my personal opinion. I'd pay a premium for a North view.

EDIT: Currently live on the 27th floor of a building in Hamilton with a South view and I hate it only because of the sun lol
South views can be better due to health benefits. If you do not have a view of the sun, bacteria, fungi, and mold can grow. Reducing indoor air quality. Heat won’t be a problem if you have good air conditioning.

Southern units are too hot with the sun beating on them all day and though some may like the view of the lake I'd much rather have a northern view of the city skyline and stay cooler while you're at it.
Not a problem in new builds, AC is very cheap in new higher efficiency units and a one time purchase of curtains is cheap. Seeing more sun year round is a definite health benefit.

For Pinnacle towers specifically, north balconies/windows are right in front of Gardiner.

For towers near the waterfront, generally, by facing the water you have a lower chance of future view obstructions and less noise.

I hope you can understand why it is generally considered a luxury, even though your opinion varies (lucky for you financially).

Not a problem in new builds, AC is very cheap in new higher efficiency units and a one time purchase of curtains is cheap. Seeing more sun year round is a definite health benefit.

For Pinnacle towers specifically, north balconies/windows are right in front of Gardiner.

For towers near the waterfront, generally, by facing the water you have a lower chance of future view obstructions and less noise.

I hope you can understand why it is generally considered a luxury, even though your opinion varies (lucky for you financially).
Yeah, we can just leave the AC running all the time without being charged extra. The cooling tower(s) on the mechanical penthouse are always running anyways to accommodate every unit.

Prices for south units are usually higher, due to the premium of the lake view and health benefits.

I'll wager that units, like with all other forms of real estate, are not selling like they used to.

Back