Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 345.5m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

I think I wrote my first post the first day I found this site. I was moving into an apartment overlooking what was then a mere excavation but would become Time & Space. I was hoping someone here could tell me how long I'd keep my view. I turned out to have about 3.5 years.
…and 3,000 posts later.

A foggy Monday morning. No chance of seeing the Moon/mars and other planets all aligned this morning.

IMG_6433.jpeg

I forgot about my fascination of the post tension rod sleeves. One last look.
IMG_6430.jpeg

IMG_6437.jpeg

IMG_6434.jpeg

Go Sky watch app
IMG_2120.png

Sun, Jupiter, Mercury, Uranus, Moon, Mars, Neptune, Saturn, I thinks...

I think I wrote my first post the first day I found this site. I was moving into an apartment overlooking what was then a mere excavation but would become Time & Space. I was hoping someone here could tell me how long I'd keep my view. I turned out to have about 3.5 years.
More of a Time & Space post, but, the land at where the Time & Space condos, I think was originally a factory (built 1940s?). It was turned into a Sobeys and opened sometime 2007-2009. There was also an Acura dealership. There was another building on the south-western corner of the block, which was demolished in 2012. The Sobeys and Acura dealership closed in 2014-2015. The dealership was turned into a presentation centre. The buildings would sit abandoned until 2018, when they were demolished. Excavation started in 2019.

More of a Time & Space post, but, the land at where the Time & Space condos, I think was originally a factory (built 1940s?). It was turned into a Sobeys and opened sometime 2007-2009. There was also an Acura dealership. There was another building on the south-western corner of the block, which was demolished in 2012. The Sobeys and Acura dealership closed in 2014-2015. The dealership was turned into a presentation centre. The buildings would sit abandoned until 2018, when they were demolished. Excavation started in 2019.
With the usual caveat - IIRC - the Front Street building was used by the Post Office as a local distribution centre, prior to being reincarnated as a Sobeys.....

This should probably be moved, but you can go back farther than that :)

Sherbourne was called Caroline Street back then and so the point we’re discussing is really the intersection of Caroline and Palace St in the early 1800s.

Okay, one last look at eye level.

Today.
Floor forms removed, wall forms raised, preparing the walls
IMG_6466.jpeg

Yesterday
IMG_6430.jpeg

Fan coil unit (assuming water loop heat pumps) on site. Taking leftovers and cart back to Metro or Home Depot. I guess you can buy anything these days.
IMG_6468.jpeg

Just blowing a little vented steam off on Yonge.
IMG_6473.jpeg

Okay, maybe I removed one foot of steam pipe for effect with Lightroom’s new AI remover tool. Very cool feature.
All other actions were natural.

Attachments

• IMG_6469.jpeg
    IMG_6469.jpeg
    756.2 KB · Views: 24
So I may have to eat my words cuz this actually might catch the one
If The One started construction sometime in 2017, and approximately reached 100 meters in 2023, and is currently almost at 200m(?), and Pinnacle SkyTower started sometime 2020-2021, and is almost at 100 meters in 2024, it might catch up. The One took 6 years to reach 100 meters, while SkyTower only took 3-4(?) years to reach 100 meters. However, The One has accelerated in construction speed, because to reach another 100m, it only took 1 year. SkyTower is also speeding up, now that we’ve reached the residential floors. Just in January this year, it was around 40-50m. In half a year, we’ve seen half of 100m added. We’ll see where the race for Canada’s tallest building goes.

...if The One stops at 85 stories though, the race to our first topped out supertall will be over.
Yeah but sky Tower has done about four floors in the time that the mechanical floor is still under construction we're currently at floor 26 here I think and floor 58 at the one so if sky grid doesn't maintain the one floor a week pace it is foreseeable that this building could beat it to 85

Back