Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 345.5m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

Well THIS along with the recent developments over at 45 Bay is going to prove to be a hot time for supertalls in Toronto :D

98, 92 + 2x70

The 98-floor building would need an average of 3.06m per floor (including roof elements, mechanical floors and extra-height podium floors) to hit 300m. This is a virtual certainty to be reached.

The 92-floor building would need an average of 3.26m per floor (including roof elements, mechanical floors and extra-height podium floors) to hit 300m. This is also fairly likely, even if it is a residential tower.

The two 70-floor buildings would need an average of 4.29m per floor (including roof elements, mechanical floors and extra-height podium floors) to hit 300m. Unlikely if they are residential buildings, but quite possible if they are office buildings.

Last edited:
Well THIS along with the recent developments over at 45 Bay is going to prove to be a hot time for supertalls in Toronto :D

Don't forget Oxford Place. We could be looking at up to 7 supertalls just in these three projects! 2 x Oxford Place office towers; 1 x 45 Bay mixed use tower; 4 x 1 Yonge towers (if the 2x70 floor towers are office). Even if they are residential, the other two towers are likely over 300m.

Last edited:
Don't forget Oxford Place. We could be looking at up to 7 supertalls just in these three projects! 2 x Oxford Place office towers; 1 x 45 Bay mixed use tower; 4 x 1 Yonge towers (if the 2x70 floor towers are office). Even if they are residential, the other two towers are likely over 300m.

I posted this in the 45 Bay thread. It might be appropriate to also post here.

1 Yonge I - 70
1 Yonge II - 70
Oxford Place I - 70
Oxford Place II - 70
1 Bloor - 75
Aura - 78
45 Bay Street - 80
Mirvish + Gehry I 82
50 Bloor - 83
Mirvish + Gehry II 84
Mirvish + Gehry III 86
1 Yonge III - 92
1 Yonge IV - 98

I posted this in the 45 Bay thread. It might be appropriate to also post here.

1 Yonge I - 70
1 Yonge II - 70
Oxford Place I - 70
Oxford Place II - 70
1 Bloor - 75
Aura - 78
45 Bay Street - 80
Mirvish + Gehry I 82
50 Bloor - 83
Mirvish + Gehry II 84
Mirvish + Gehry III 86
1 Yonge III - 92
1 Yonge IV - 98

uUUUUUUuuuuuuuuugh

Sorry, I started drooling xD

But in all seriousness it would be sad and devastating if we end up with no supertalls guaranteed in the next year or so.

My only worry is that if they manage to shoot down one proposal, for example the one most likely to be shot down might be something like oxford place...

then those that dislike these developments might have enough "momentum" to shut down all of these proposals? If anything something like 1 yonge should be good since it is the one location that has no controversy (so far) on location.

The city has a problem with shadowing as it is. What are they going to do with all these new applications, existing construction not withstanding. We can only imagine.
That is one impressive list anywhere in the world.

If that is indeed the plan, all I can say is HOLY SH**! That is almost too much density for my liking. I would almos prefer something along the lines of 98, 72, 50, 40. The vurrent proposal, if it is all condos, would be thousands and thousands of units, something I don't know if the area can handle. I wouldn't like to see more than 3k units here, while a project this size will probably be closer to 4k.

^ xD Exactly my point... It's almost like being too greedy and ending up with nothing. All anyone has to do is show that exact same list to someone else and their reaction might be a lot worse.

Propose more than you really want, let the city reduce the size of the complex, you compromise down to what you wanted in the first place, and it's win win all around.
I'm not suggesting that's the case, as we don't really know what the real proposal is. It may not be as big in scale as has been posted.

wow. i'm pretty slow on finding this news out! pretty incredible seeing these massive block developments going up with supertall and near-supertall height (Mirvish and the 1 Yonge site). When/If these projects are given the go, it'll be quite a sight to see these monsters go up in/around the same time. too much awesomeness to take in at once.

The city has a problem with shadowing as it is.

The only possible shadowing concerns I can think of would be Berczy Park and Union Station, depending on what the final heights will be here.

Back