Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 345.5m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

The scary thing is, there is no guarantee that they will stick to the Unique and Promising Designs. Pinnacle has not put up any masterpiece here in Toronto and so far as they sell these towers in such important areas with speed, they will continue to cheapen their designs to maximize their profits.
huh? have you seen the SPA arch docs? I can't recall a development in this city where the final product did not match the SPA filing.

Its a shame the most generic boring tower is first in line. The other two interest me much more and will add a heck of a lot more to the skyline, not just because of height but because the sleek design. Phase 1 is a typical Toronto box, it will blend in with the other 40+ towers that share its look. But phase 2 and 3 are unique and promise to stand out, nothing like them exist.

I think the first phase is like an experiment for Pinnacle.

Just now:

20180720_165434.jpg

Attachments

• 20180720_165434.jpg
    20180720_165434.jpg
    307.9 KB · Views: 1,001
These assholes have been making a ton of noise today (saturday) morning since 6am. Aren't they breaking the law?

Edit - just called the city and they confirmed they have received a lot of complaints about One Yonge this morning, and they are not supposed to work until 9am on saturdays. Yet they won't send the cops around to tell them to stop. Ridiculous.

Last edited:
These assholes have been making a ton of noise today (saturday) morning since 6am. Aren't they breaking the law?

Edit - just called the city and they confirmed they have received a lot of complaints about One Yonge this morning, and they are not supposed to work until 9am on saturdays. Yet they won't send the cops around to tell them to stop. Ridiculous.

lol:D

pissed 2.jpg

Attachments

• pissed 2.jpg
    pissed 2.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 688

Getting the city to enforce its noise bylaws is hopeless. I've tried! Like trying to get a child to eat its vegetables.

Whether its from construction or nightclubs it's impossible to get the city to act with any authority. I even once had a live band playing on the roof top of a store for hours and city or police wouldn't act.

Getting the city to enforce its noise bylaws is hopeless. I've tried! Like trying to get a child to eat its vegetables.

Whether its from construction or nightclubs it's impossible to get the city to act with any authority. I even once had a live band playing on the roof top of a store for hours and city or police wouldn't act.
If anything the city is over enforces noise complaints regarding clubs and bars. Toronto has earned its NO FUN TO reputation. Can't comment regarding construction noise.

In my personal experience there is absolutely no enforcement at Bathurst a
If anything the city is over enforces noise complaints regarding clubs and bars. Toronto has earned its NO FUN TO reputation. Can't comment regarding construction noise.

I can only speak to my experience and my neighbour initiative to get the city to enforce its own bylaws at Bathurst and College. This intersection is surround by low rise residential on all corners while the intersection has numerous bars and even two nightclubs akin to what the entertainment district use to have lots of. One nightclub even backs on to houses. After our neighbourhood tried for 4 years to get the city to enforce its own noise bylaws (a simple as making the club build some noise absorbing interior walls) we gave up. The city just wouldn't actually fine the property owner more than few hundred dollars. Chump change for a club that charges hundreds for table service. I have no idea where you got the idea the city enforced its noise bylaws on clubs? Maybe you hire a lawyer for 6 figures?

In my personal experience there is absolutely no enforcement at Bathurst a

I can only speak to my experience and my neighbour initiative to get the city to enforce its own bylaws at Bathurst and College. This intersection is surround by low rise residential on all corners while the intersection has numerous bars and even two nightclubs akin to what the entertainment district use to have lots of. One nightclub even backs on to houses. After our neighbourhood tried for 4 years to get the city to enforce its own noise bylaws (a simple as making the club build some noise absorbing interior walls) we gave up. The city just wouldn't actually fine the property owner more than few hundred dollars. Chump change for a club that charges hundreds for table service. I have no idea where you got the idea the city enforced its noise bylaws on clubs? Maybe you hire a lawyer for 6 figures?
Is giving a fine not enforcing the bylaw? I have actually been in this club when it was shut down for noise complaints. The cops showed up. stopped the music and everyone was asked to leave. I suppose I should blame you for that ?? A fine might not be a lot for this club but I DJ at a bar monthly and the owner is constantly being fined because his neighbour, who just moved in beside him, complains regularly. He owns a bar right on Dundas. My point is don't move next to a bar/club if you don't like noise. The bar is regularly inspected by the Alcohol and gaming commission who hands out very large fines for noise. It's almost impossible to have fun in this city anymore. Longtime techno promoters Mansion completely stopped throwing parties because it was too difficult to find a venue. Tory's patio regulations are another example. Soybomb was also shut down. If anything this city OVER regulates fun.

Again, I know nothing about construction noise complaints.

Last edited by a moderator:

That's never been my experience in the numerous occasions in which I've had personal knowledge of people trying to get noise complaints enforced.

There's a fine line between saying to condo residents "if you don't like noise, move to Flin Flon" and "we don't permit fun in this city" and, unsurprisingly, there is a great deal of fluctuation between those two poles.

That's never been my experience in the numerous occasions in which I've had personal knowledge of people trying to get noise complaints enforced.

There's a fine line between saying to condo residents "if you don't like noise, move to Flin Flon" and "we don't permit fun in this city" and, unsurprisingly, there is a great deal of fluctuation between those two poles.
Not to flog a dead horse, but I never said move to flin flon. It's a little disingenuous to represent my argument like that. I said move a block or two away from a major street/ bar district if you don't want noise. Don't move directly behind a club or right beside a bar. But to take your main point, yes I believe Toronto has veered way closer to "we don't permit fun" than a vibrant city who wants to attract young people should.

Back