Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 345.5m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

is there a map or something on how lake shore east is going to exist once harbour becomes two way ? Or will just no longer exist and people will have to do a giant shuffle ?

The off-ramp from the Gardiner will come down at Yonge St between the present Gardiner East and the Pinnacle Centre. It will be very similar to the off-ramp that was reconstructed to come down at Simcoe St. Lake Shore East will continue to be a one-way street.

Harbour St will continue through to Jarvis eventually, the two direction Harbour in front of Pinnacle Centre is still up for debate. There are problems with the Simcoe off-ramp onto Harbour, there is a lot of congestion and jockeying for position for drivers to get into the proper lanes to turn north onto York St then again to turn north onto Bay St and then again to turn north onto Yonge St. We will have to wait about 10 years for this to happen because 1 Yonge and the LCBO land development will have to mostly complete before the conversion.

Excavation continues, revealing more of the “structure”.
3E0BD541-AAFA-4388-ACF0-6828DCD3426F.jpeg

Attachments

• 3E0BD541-AAFA-4388-ACF0-6828DCD3426F.jpeg
    3E0BD541-AAFA-4388-ACF0-6828DCD3426F.jpeg
    196.4 KB · Views: 781
Does anyone else think they are going to move in to phase 2 and 3 earlier now, considering the recent site plan submissions?

I don't have a definitive answer to your question obviously, but it must mean one of three things:
  1. It means phase 2 is going to be started earlier than the planned time time of approx. 2022. It does seem strange that they'd seek site plan approval 4+ years in advance of starting construction (though perhaps this is more common than we think).
  2. It means phase 2 will be built at the normal time (around 2022), but now phase 3 will also be built at the same time instead of afterwards. So instead of building phase 2 then waiting 5 years for phase 3, they'll do them together. This one seems to make the most logical sense to me - might as well get those on the market via pre-construction before Phase 2 of Sugar Wharf comes in to compete with its three towers.
  3. It means nothing.

I don't have a definitive answer to your question obviously, but it must mean one of three things:
  1. It means phase 2 is going to be started earlier than the planned time time of approx. 2022. It does seem strange that they'd seek site plan approval 4+ years in advance of starting construction (though perhaps this is more common than we think).
  2. It means phase 2 will be built at the normal time (around 2022), but now phase 3 will also be built at the same time instead of afterwards. So instead of building phase 2 then waiting 5 years for phase 3, they'll do them together. This one seems to make the most logical sense to me - might as well get those on the market via pre-construction before Phase 2 of Sugar Wharf comes in to compete with its three towers.
  3. It means nothing.

I haven't seen many site plan approvals 4 years in advance of planned construction. They just don't take that long usually. I would put most weight on your first possibility above. Guess we really won't know until sales begin.

It's a shame the most generic boring tower is first in line. The other two interest me much more and will add a heck of a lot more to the skyline, not just because of height but because the sleek design. Phase 1 is a typical Toronto box, it will blend in with the other 40+ towers that share its look. But phase 2 and 3 are unique and promise to stand out, nothing like them exist.

It's a shame the most generic boring tower is first in line. The other two interest me much more and will add a heck of a lot more to the skyline, not just because of height but because the sleek design. Phase 1 is a typical Toronto box, it will blend in with the other 40+ towers that share its look. But phase 2 and 3 are unique and promise to stand out, nothing like them exist.

The scary thing is, there is no guarantee that they will stick to the Unique and Promising Designs. Pinnacle has not put up any masterpiece here in Toronto and so far as they sell these towers in such important areas with speed, they will continue to cheapen their designs to maximize their profits.

Back