Mississauga Pinnacle Grand Park 1 & 2 | 152.39m | 48s | Pinnacle | Turner Fleischer

1.4M @ 2.5 people per household requires a hundred thousand more residences than 1.4M @ 3 people per household. That's an Absolute-ly enormous number of condos.

1.4M @ 2.5 people per household requires a hundred thousand more residences than 1.4M @ 3 people per household. That's an Absolute-ly enormous number of condos.
Yeah, but I have a hunch that's what we'll be seeing along the corridors I mentioned (Dundas and Lakeshore, primarily), as well as intensification along Burnhamthorpe, Queesnway, some infill along Dixie... and that's just the areas east of say McLaughlin/Conferederation. There are properties around Erin Mills TCC, Southdown, South Common, etc... that are all likely to see condos - not to mention Streetsville, Lorne Park...

The planners have realized that growing out has to stop and growing up is the way to go.

Yeah, but I have a hunch that's what we'll be seeing along the corridors I mentioned (Dundas and Lakeshore, primarily), as well as intensification along Burnhamthorpe, Queesnway, some infill along Dixie... and that's just the areas east of say McLaughlin/Conferederation. There are properties around Erin Mills TCC, Southdown, South Common, etc... that are all likely to see condos - not to mention Streetsville, Lorne Park...

The planners have realized that growing out has to stop and growing up is the way to go.

You're forgetting that the number of residences in Mississauga will already need to double *before* that extra hundred thousand comes into play should household sizes drop to 2.5 (and with all the condos, it's not like they're going to rise). A thousand 30 storey condos would do it, but will they ever materialize?

One side effect of endless condo and apartment tower construction is that fewer people, relatively, will end up living in basement apartments or subdivided houses.

A thousand 30 storey condos would do it, but will they ever materialize?
You're right, at ~600 people each, a thousand 30 storey condos really doesn't seem that feasible. I could see several hundred, potentially, so I guess maybe a population at 1.1 mil is probably more likely to be where it settles, with Peel overall being closer just shy of 2 million once Brampton fills out.

It's hard to imagine things 50+ years from now, but there's no end in sight for growth in the GTA.

Brampton will likely max at around 700k

some equipment dropped off at the site this weekend....no idea why...pic by Jasonzed at SSC....

20091128023.jpg

from today's Daily Commercial News, so posted with the usual caveat....looks like phase 1 will be 28 storeys...

CONDOMINIUM BUILDING, RETAIL Proj: 9107669-2
Mississauga, Peel Reg ON NEGOTIATED/PLANNING

Grand Park, 3975 Grand Park Dr, Burnamthorpe Rd W, L5B 4M6

$31,000,000 est

Note: Preliminary planning is underway. Owner is seeking City Council rezoning approvals. Sales and Marketing will begin Spring/Summer, 2010. Schedules for Working drawings, tender for Sub trades and Construction will be determined based on occupancy. Further update Summer, 2010.
Project: proposed construction of a 28 storey condominium building with 271 units. The building will include a six storey podium along Burnamthorpe Rd W, and a four storey and a three storey podium located northwest and southwest of the tower. Roof tops of the podia will comprise a green roof terrace and outdoor ammenity space. The six storey podium will house 8,000 sq ft of retail space.

Scope: 285,244 square feet; 28 storeys; 4 storeys below grade; 3 structures; 271 units; parking for 312 cars; 1 acres

Development: New
Category: Apartment bldgs; Retail, wholesale services

The sales office for this one is now nearing completion, and a billboard with render went up today, I believe it is being branded Pinnacle Grand Park.....

pics by the very hardworking Jasonzed over at SSC.......that's the sales office in the background of the first pic.....

20100506014.jpg

20100506017.jpg

Back