Toronto Pinnacle Centre Condos | 161.84m | 55s | Pinnacle | P + S / IBI

I dont hate them at all... I'm especially liking the shape of Success with that setback and roof detail on the northwest corner and of course its extra height. Looks like building #4 is missing from the model? I guess they just plug it into that white hole once its ready. Odd though that they are supposedly going ahead with construction of tower 4 without having the model available...

Taken Yesterday:
IMG_4071.jpg

The first time I saw one of those "mantis" concrete pumpers, I could hardly believe my eyes. If there ever was an example of something that looks like it belongs in a Terminator movie, this would be it.

Apparently the fourth tower called Success 2 is suppose to be a residential condo and hotel mix. Does anyone know if this to be true?

^its not bad when you consider how old it must be ... those streetcar must be at least 50 years old

How nice. Imagine, living within spitting distance of one of the country's busiest expressways. How exotic!

^its not bad when you consider how old it must be ... those streetcar must be at least 50 years old

Most likely rail lines. I doubt they ever had streetcars there.

Those Mantis things are cool. But on a residential project? Pinnacle must be loaded with cash, all other rez projects use a giant steel bucket and a crane to raise the concrete to the forms.

I am fairly sure that these decisions are made based on which option is least expensive as a whole. In this case, I would assume that the reduced total construction time (and reduced total labour costs, financing charges, etc.) more than offsets the increased equipment cost of a "mantis" over a more conventional system.

A mantis probably would not be economic on a small or mid-sized project, but on a large project, the savings due to reduced total construction time would be large enough to justify its use -- and the Success Tower is a large project at over 50 storeys.

Back