Toronto Picasso Condos | 128.62m | 39s | Mattamy Homes | Teeple Architects

Today:

30381419703_b1c061e1de_b.jpg

30381421113_4565092eef_b.jpg

From last night.

Despite the bold red colour and neat integrated lighting, the condo entrance seems to be lacking a certain something, just like the rest of the podium.
IMG_8223.JPG

Lobby is looking really sharp with lots of lighting and glossy/reflective surfaces. Almost like a retail store.
IMG_8224.JPG

Entrance to parking garage:
IMG_8225.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8223.JPG
    IMG_8223.JPG
    928.6 KB · Views: 994
  • IMG_8224.JPG
    IMG_8224.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 976
  • IMG_8225.JPG
    IMG_8225.JPG
    635.3 KB · Views: 925
I know I'm in the minority on this, but I hate this building.
To me, it looks like a cheap gimmick - quick to catch the eye initially but not well integrated into the street or community and very unlikely to age well.

I know I'm in the minority on this, but I hate this building.
To me, it looks like a cheap gimmick - quick to catch the eye initially but not well integrated into the street or community and very unlikely to age well.

Yeah, it should have been all GREY.

I was walking to work the other morning and overheard an amusing conversation between construction workers (not sure if they worked for the city or for tableau but they were across the street by tableau)
"Aw man that's great it's like Tetris"
"Ya that one is seriously badass"
"Some serious future sh*t right there"
"Ya like fifth element"

I love it.
However if I was going to critique it I'd like the white glass on the podium to be the same cladding as the rest of the tower. I would really love to see some kind of red lighting at the very top at night.

I was walking to work the other morning and overheard an amusing conversation between construction workers (not sure if they worked for the city or for tableau but they were across the street by tableau)
"Aw man that's great it's like Tetris"
"Ya that one is seriously badass"
"Some serious future sh*t right there"
"Ya like fifth element"

I love it.
However if I was going to critique it I'd like the white glass on the podium to be the same cladding as the rest of the tower. I would really love to see some kind of red lighting at the very top at night.
To translate, I believe they were referring to Level 7:
Tetris_NES_play.png

Back