Toronto Picasso Condos | 128.62m | 39s | Mattamy Homes | Teeple Architects

Wow. That's all I can say.

I'll start with a few specs.

-TAS Design Build working with Teeple Architecs.
- The building acts as a terminus for both Widmer and Beverly - council wanted something a little more 'special' to go here; an 'exclamation point' if you will.
-Will be 35s, 121.7m,
-9s podium
-Boutique hotel on the first 10 floors.
-5 levels of underground parking

Now for a little treat - a spy shot for a better idea of what we're looking at here. Wyliepoon, would it be possible to get a sketchup model of this?

2589923267_2e2d50129f_b.jpg

With this building, plus Nblox, Fashionhouse, and others, do we have the beginning of a new "Toronto Style" of condos? (Although Habitat in Montreal vastly predates all of these buildings.)

holy amazing.

blovertis - i'm thinking that angle is probably from queen street and not richmond.

edit. project end beat me to it.

It's interesting to note that a number of residents were present from the hideous University Condos block and several of them spoke up against how 'wow' this building is. They suggested Teeple take it back to the drawing board and tone it down.

I wish I were kidding. I could barely hold it in.

Those residents should be placed under house arrest. No-one took them seriously, did they? I would have laughed out loud (and might have been dragged out raving at them).

It was pretty hilarious. At the end, when Vaughan asked if there were anymore questions, I was tempted to look them in the eye and genuinely ask them what they didn't like about it.

As you guessed interchange, they were not taken seriously. :rolleyes:;)

That is very interesting indeed. I applaud the developer and the architect for doing something different.

What worries me is that the low rise nature of Queen St. will be interrupted with these condos emerging behind on Richmond St.

Oh well. Increasingly, the smaller shops are being bought out and replaced with 2,3 and 4 story mega-chains (H&M, Urban Outfitters, etc.). Because of this, the strip is becoming more of a haven for suburban kids who don't know what else to do downtown except shop at the Eaton's Center.

In any case, I don't think the presence of a few towers on the south side should harm anything - especially when they look this good.

A nice bold proposal. My fear: the condo market, the reality of costs and public/city/marketing pressure will tone this sucker down.

Points for doing something different but, granted this is only based on that single mockup drawing, I think that building looks ugly.

Back